Ever had any NTs make fun of your interests...

Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MechAnime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 9:15 pm

SoSayWeAll wrote:
Awww. :(

You and I would've been fast friends. I STILL know exactly what the Dewey Decimal code in the library is for finding the cat books, from going there so often: 636.6. :)

Cool, we probably would have indeed! My 4th grade teacher was big into German Shepards and she hated cats. But I just couldn't accept that, so I considered it my job to convert her. This is what she said on my on my report card:

"P. keeps her talents well hidden. She has taught me to appreciate cats. Enjoy your holidays, P."

:D

SoSayWeAll
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 9:22 pm

Watching cat videos at night helps me clear my mind to get ready for bed. I wonder...if you still have a special interest in cats, might you be able to name the cat in my avatar? ;)

MechAnime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 9:25 pm

SoSayWeAll wrote:
Watching cat videos at night helps me clear my mind to get ready for bed. I wonder...if you still have a special interest in cats, might you be able to name the cat in my avatar? ;)

I could be wrong but it looks like a Lilac Point Siamese from here.

SoSayWeAll
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 9:34 pm

Bingo! :)

Her name is Alaska, and boy I wish I owned her! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHsb__t14iE

On the thread subject...I got made fun of for just about everything I got interested in, and on general principle. I think Star Trek got me the worst bullying (though STILL nothing compared to the bullying I got when the hair-pulling started in 7th grade).

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 3:47 am

it's why I mostly just stopped talking about these things generally; people honestly don't care to hear about them in detail--and they certainly don't care to hear more than the usual patter especially from someone who's Autistic and isn't "in their circle".

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 3:51 am

I have really weird interests, so talking about them is a big no-no.

I once told a girl why dogs ate their vomit. She was, to say the least, not impressed.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 3:54 am

Ferdinand wrote:
I have really weird interests, so talking about them is a big no-no.

I once told a girl why dogs ate their vomit. She was, to say the least, not impressed.

one time, thinking my class was actually interested( though they were actually just playing on my opening myself up), I started talking all about props used in Ghostbusters, and mentioned all the different franchises there were. I thought it went really well....until my friend told me later that night I'd made a complete ass of myself.

If there's one thing I've learned...no matter how suave we think we come off...we don't.

Basically, if you ever saw that episode of Family Guy where Peter and Lois started doing this musical duet while getting hammered on pot, that's basically what we're like to most people: no matter how suave we think we're coming off in social interaction, that's basically how well we do.

It's one of the reasons I use self-deprecating humor when I talk to people; and not in a "bashing myself" type of way, but more of a "yeah, I know; I'm aware, this is coming off horribly" type of way.

Amber-Miasma
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2010, 3:56 am

I think most AS folks would be a little weirded out by my interests, let alone NTs XD.

I just keep it all to myself, not even my closest friends know who I am under the flesh.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 4:38 am

Amber-Miasma wrote:
I think most AS folks would be a little weirded out by my interests, let alone NTs XD.

I just keep it all to myself, not even my closest friends know who I am under the flesh.

Is it weirder than..I dunno, being interested in cattle tapeworms? :D

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 4:42 am

nostromo wrote:
Amber-Miasma wrote:

Is it weirder than..I dunno, being interested in cattle tapeworms? :D

how's that weird, exactly?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 7:06 am

There are lots of interests that I don't talk about, or things that don't stray from this site. I try to find out what my friends like, and than I talk about that stuff. I'm starting to consider buying copies of Woman's World and reading the contents of that magazine, to connect with my older friend, Barb who is 60, because that's her favourite magazine.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 7:14 am

I don't really have that weird of interests. What I do get made fun of for is how far I take them. That is, the things people have seen. Very few people have known anything about me since I turned 14 aside from the fact that I am a metalhead.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 7:34 am

pensieve wrote:
I love The Golden Compass. Northern Lights right? That's what it's called in America. Or are you referring to the film that was massively censored by the Catholic church that the story lost its meaning? Phillip Pullman is amazing. He got me interested in using science in sci-fi/fantasy stories.

Both the books and movie.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 9:53 am

Yeah, sometimes people tease me for being obsessed with SpongeBob. :?

SpongeBobRocksMao!

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 11:04 am

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:

Spongebob is awesome :)

Most NT's who even acknowledge my reading fanaticism mainly do so in order to use me. On some level it's nice to have someone new talk to me, which is why even after I slowly figure out that I'm being used, I still let them.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 11:05 am

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:

I like Spongebob also and pretty much any WB cartoon and old Tom and Jerry cartoons-I am obsessed with penguins-have stuffed penguins around-before that it was stuffed rabbits-even owned a VW Rabbit and obsessed with VW's and the special interest which is my living is electronics repair-radio repair.