Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AutisticFollower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2010, 10:23 am

Hi! Does anyone here design graphics here? I have been forever interested since my dad's friend burned a copy of Photoshop five years ago. I've actually gotten very proficient since then at graphic design. The only thing I don't like that much is working under pressure (like in my graphic design class). I took a break from it for a while to want to pursue acting.

Leander
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2010, 9:57 pm

I did a bit of graphic design for a while, but it was never much of a passion for me. Working under pressure spoiled it for me too - specifically, being messed around by clients who somehow manage to be very picky at the same time as not actually knowing what they want from you. You have to be ready to throw out a lot of designs you like before getting to one they feel is right. I'm much happier just doing graphics for personal projects, where I'm the only one I need to please.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 8:14 am

I do sometimes, but only basic stuff and I can't do it well either. Still, I try and I enjoy it :lol:

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 11:40 am

Last year I made myself figure out photoshop when I wanted to make cd covers,gifs, etc for my website. It is so powerful. If I need something specific I find toots on the net. My daughter started using it to create her own Yugioh cards. I'm experimenting with illustrator for simple path work. Have fun

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2010, 4:12 pm

yeah I have...

:) what do you want done?
What projects on your mind.

I played around on a HP tx2500 touch screen laptop, recently. Designing logos and drawing.
My neice loved it too.

Great fun...

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 5:23 pm

Yes - I love graphic design and typography. I just got CS5!! !! :D