Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 1:04 pm

I was bullied and teased all through school up til 7th grade when I then went to a different school district-where they do not put up with such behavior-I am a big guy and strong but do not like to fight and get hurt-When I was a kid-I was at a friends house when a friend of his-who was a little cognitivley impaired-I refuse to use the "R" word as people would use to describe him-came up from behind and grabbed me-now I do not like to be touched or grabbed from behind-now I know its because of AS-I did not know it was him and I turned around and punched who ever it was in the mouth and it was him-he ran crying and I felt so bad that I hurt this boy who was just playing and meant no harm but I thought I was being attacked and hit this poor kid-I felt really bad,so bad I pledged I would never hurt anyone for any reason ever again and I still live up to that to this day.It still upsets me to think about the incident and the thought of hurting an innocent,harmless person.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

Kuma wrote:
I've enjoyed bullies all my life....they are my favorite prey :wink: . I've fought all my life...and won. Bullies rely on intimidation. I've always surprised the hell out of bullies. I am quiet by nature, and had been perceived as, sometimes, a target. I've bloodied many a nose, and twisted many a head. Don't get me wrong, I am not aggressive. I am, however, assertive. By the way, many of my fights were in defense of others. I simply cannot stand bullies, especially when they pick on the innocent and kind hearted. Under no circumstance did I allow any special education student to be bullied. Neither should any one else.

They say that the majority of people are good.
That means evil is allowed to exist because otherwise good people do, and say, nothing.

You deserve a medal!

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 1:11 pm

didn't like being bullied. But bullies would pretend to be my friend and then I would like that. Until I found out they were [expletive]s.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 1:25 pm

Nooooooo, I hate that.... But I've always been able to somehow stand up to the bullies as I said before.

But I always end up feeling more bad about myself because they somehow put my energy levels down and everything.

I was always the victim of bullying before I actually stood up for myself, but I still have these horrible feelings inside my head after the effects of bullying did.

------

Anyways, that wouldn't be bullying if they you enjoy it, I wonder if they ever get bored of it?

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 8:30 pm

Yes, I was bullied not merely due to acting or behaving in a strange or odd manner.In fact, I found myself being tormented both on a mental(Aspergers) and physical(awkward physical form) so, It was not very easy for me to standup by most accounts..On a note of feeling guilt I had at that time among things had wanted my big brother to be nearby whenever I was being tormemnted so, he could drive away the tyrants and all..
Honestly, I had to fight my own battles at a early age with no help as my big brother passed away and from that point I found dealing with the tyrants very difficult.. Eventually I managed to get beyond school though tyrants will seemingly appear in your life later down the line something I've come to realistically understand. These days I try to be as kindhearted as people without the internal demons cause trouble for me in my life on all levels as such.. I conclude by saying, One simply has to manage with the tyrants of one's world then,now, later..

mcg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 11:15 pm

Interesting replies, guys!

Now to direct this discussion in a more semantical direction, is it really not bullying if you like it? Doesn't that make it impossible for a third party to determine whether or not someone's behavior is bullying?

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2010, 12:28 am

I didn't enjoy getting bullied at all, it was a crappy feeling. I can see where you're coming from though, because sometimes even having negative attention is better than no attention at all. I think the reason you enjoyed it so much was because of the way you handled it. That's exactly what most people don't realise is that a bully is only going after you to get a reaction out of you, whether it be "STOP! LEAVE ME ALONE!", fighting them, or whatever... something that makes them more powerful in the situation at hand. If you don't satisfy this "need" of their's, they usually end up getting bored of you and move along to another person who is an easier target. The way you handled it is what I think made it "easier" for you to deal with because you were more in control than they were. You were basically counter-bullying them in a way, and it worked perfectly. That's how you deal with bullies and it took me YEARS to figure it out (by high school). Most bullies aren't going to go beyond verbal attacks, most of them are all talk and won't actually do anything. So long as there is no physical abuse, I've learned the easiest way to deal with bullies is to ignore them and they'll eventually go away and find someone else to deal with. Though in some situations, I think you were a bit too aggressive, which led to you getting beat up. Don't antagonize them, but don't satisfy that need they have to feel strong. What don't kill you can only make you stronger, and while it sucks (I know first hand), you gotta stay strong and be the better person.

(Hopefully that made sense. :p)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 3:57 am

mcg wrote:

Now to direct this discussion in a more semantical direction, is it really not bullying if you like it? Doesn't that make it impossible for a third party to determine whether or not someone's behavior is bullying?

Reminds me of an old joke:
MASOCHIST: Whip me! Whip me!
........SADIST: No.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 4:36 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
mcg wrote:

Reminds me of an old joke:
MASOCHIST: Whip me! Whip me!
........SADIST: No.

LOL! :lol:

I'm a masochist, I like having cold showers. So I have hot ones. :lol:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 5:14 am

i was never bullied because i did not feel bullied.
to feel bullied is to feel that someone else gained an illegal advantage due to my undeserved loss.

i used to smirk when people decided to mock me or usurp my belongings.

i thought "deary me you are signing my authorization to treat you like i would treat a toy that i would like to cast from my field of play and stomp on".

bullies are like targets that i can fire at without any conscience.

it is very easy to cause trouble in people's lives, and i have an inclination to cause trouble, but i feel bad if a person does not deserve it. but a bully is someone who pops their head up over my horizon of restraint, and i like to blow it off.

bullies only tried to bully me, and they gave me fun in using them as little plastic soldiers that i would engineer disastrous repercussions for.

example: they had little control over their behavior, and if they got into trouble in the class room, i would turn around and flick my tongue at them and pull a face that would make them want to attack me, but the teacher could not see my face, and so it looked like the bully was insanely going after me for no reason.
i used to have a pen in my hand because i pretended to be a model student, and when one lunged at me, i caused him to fall over onto my tightly held pen (who's point was facing them) by kicking away his foot as he ran toward me.
after he got jabbed, i flicked the pen around so the nib was facing my paper, and i looked at the teacher as if "goodness! please help me? this freak is insane".

then, later (after incidents like that) when they told me they were going to "get me", i usually said things like "yes you will get me, and it will be the worst thing you ever got", and they mostly desisted.

but one very bad person decided he wanted to hurt me after school, so i payed some lebanese boys to get him, and he was sorry.

i felt strong when bullies were around.

sorry this is stuff i should not reveal. i am much older now and i have grown mostly out of my ODD.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 4:36 pm

Sounds a little masochist to me. I guess if you can actually fight back it would be enjoyable but then you're supposed to be just as bad as they are. I never really got physically bullied in school, although I was sexually harassed one time, and kids would just scream out nasty, horrible, untrue things everywhere I went. They'd say I had AIDS and did drugs. They would throw rocks and things at me. They'd scream out "Garfield's dead!" because of my obsession with the comic strip cat. They never seemed to make fun of other kids who came to school wearing Garfield T-shirts. They'd say "all she ever does is draw" which was something I did that was admired in grade school, but the minute I hit middle school...

It was mainly the boys who did this. Most girls were cold and indifferent to me, except for one who would act flirty, and another who claimed she was a cannibal and was going to eat me and my parents but then said she wouldn't because we'd make her sick, and another who would scream about how cool sex and drugs are whenever I was around.

As the years in junior high dragged on, I started having anxiety attacks and never really felt well and was absent a lot. All my grades went down the toilet. Oh yeah, it was sooo much fun being constantly sweaty and pale and out of breath and just wanting to run out of the middle of class. I just had no idea it was. :roll:

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 4:56 pm

When I was being bullied in my early teens I felt the same way. It was familiar to be picked on and to be expected. I didn't know I had AS then tho. I kinda used to take pride in being able to handle it, it actually taught me a lot although it did hinder my social development for many years later.

One day there was going to be a fight and some of the students brought knives and showed me. I thought if I stayed I would show that I'm brave and even if I was killed in the fight it would be a good thing because I stood my ground and I would in a way be a martyr and the other kids would never bully again. I thought that if I'd been killed I could stop or really reduce the amount of bullying around the country.

I was 13 then though and was pulled out If school and so there was no fight. Nowadays I know that if I'd died it would be in vain and i couldn't stop others from being bullied.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

TheLeechLord
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2015, 11:59 pm

No, the period of my life in which I was bullied was the worst time of my life. I am almost sure that I have PTSD or some other problems still from the time I was bullied.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 2:48 am

I'm not sure that I've come across a bully, ever, in the whole time that I have been around other kids.

I mean, you would think that I would get picked on a lot, right?? Some weird-looking girl who doesn't like to talk...

But no. People in school were always very respectful towards me, protective, almost. Either that or they just didn't notice me.

My life is weird.

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2015, 5:10 am

MrXxx wrote:
Some quit bothering me because they said I was crazy. The rest just eventually quit it because they weren't getting anything out of it anymore.

This is basically how it went with me as well. I either played head games with them or acted like a complete lunatic and they eventually quit haha.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2015, 6:57 am

I was not bullied all that much at school but it did hurt. I'm not sure if I would have preferred it over being alone as I always did have friends.