Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:21 pm

Xenu wrote:
How about Luffy from One Piece? He doesn't understand Social Norms and will ask people or say things to people that would be considered inappropriate or mean to an NT but he just says it because it's just a question or statement to him. Also his attachment to his Hat is another Aspieish thing.

OCD, possibly a crack addict too with his "special sauce"

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:25 pm

I was watching Eden of the East the other day it's a new anime for me and I think Micchon strikes me as a high functioning aspie.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:31 pm

Laz wrote:
Xenu wrote:
How about Luffy from One Piece? He doesn't understand Social Norms and will ask people or say things to people that would be considered inappropriate or mean to an NT but he just says it because it's just a question or statement to him. Also his attachment to his Hat is another Aspieish thing.

OCD, possibly a crack addict too with his "special sauce"

His Special Sauce?

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 10:06 pm

Quote:
Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic

I'll second that one. It was one of the few cases where I couldn't help but think it.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 11:23 am

Hell sometimes I even think about this in regards to Gene starwind from outlaw star. As for some reasons why He has quite a few socially awkward moments throughout the series, he can be a really klutzy person at times too.

The same can go for the one MacDougal Brother from the same show (the one who is VERY similar to melfina)

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

manifoldrob
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jul 2010, 1:34 pm

How about Tsukiko, the main (first) character from Paranoia agent? The whole series seems like something AS people would enjoy. Nice and bizarre.

Sarafina7
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jul 2010, 5:01 pm

mesona wrote:
Yugi/yami from yugioh is an aspie.

I disagree. I don't see Yami or Yugi as an Aspie.

What makes you think that?

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jul 2010, 5:23 pm

Sarafina7 wrote:
mesona wrote:

Don't look at them as yugi AND yami. But as one in the same. yugi as the over emotional half and yami as the logical side. Call a rose by any other name it still smells as sweet.

Sarafina7
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jul 2010, 4:35 am

mesona wrote:
Sarafina7 wrote:
mesona wrote:

Don't look at them as yugi AND yami. But as one in the same. yugi as the over emotional half and yami as the logical side. Call a rose by any other name it still smells as sweet.

Okay, but what are the reasons you think he is an Aspie?

boosterjones
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2010, 8:07 am

Ok I know that for most of you this one maybe a bit before your time, as it's from the 1980's but if you look at Tao from The Mysterious Cities of Gold you'll find that he's got AS.

Natrarly as the saga takes place in 1532 he does not get dieggnosed but he does have a lot of the trats and I'm happy to report that he's not only one of the best characters to grace the saga but he'll offend no one as he's prorayed in a possatve manner.

Of course I'm like every other male fan who really wants to be Esteban (for obvous reasons) and although I identfy a lot more with the fabled 'Child of the Sun' (as I'm a lot like him as a person, but sadly I've no Inca girlfriend, but I'm sure that mine will cosplay as Zia if I ask nicely) I'd say I also have quite a bit of the last of the Heava people in me as well (as do we all)

Goodbye Till next time.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2010, 12:36 pm

Sarafina7 wrote:
mesona wrote:
Sarafina7 wrote:
mesona wrote:

Okay, but what are the reasons you think he is an Aspie?

He has strong feelings of right and wrong. Super focused on a card game with high logic. To me he is an aspie 100%

Hound_of_Ulster
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jul 2010, 10:28 pm

one that jumps out is the one Tachikoma in Ghost in the Shell SAC who reads all the books in quick succession. Borma could fit into the AS catagory as well, but his character isn't used as much.

I can see L being diagnosed as an Aspie

Eureka is a good candidate as well

A character from a really old mecha show called Space Runaway Ideon named Cosmo. Throughout the series he is at odds with basically all of his crew-mates, often offer completely mysterious reasons.

Sayla Mass from Mobile Suit Gundam

I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obvious...that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it.

John Stuart Mill

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 11:29 am

I think a lot of anime characters can come across as Aspie because of Japanese culture. Unlike our culture, certain aspects of Japanese communication differ greatly from ours such as the eye contact. In Japan, it is rude to look someone directly in the eye, whereas here, you are considered rude to NOT look in someone's eyes. The Japanese on the whole are quite clever due to their education system and (probably) a little bit of pushy parenting! The Japanese are much more polite than in Western countries. Whereas here using the words 'Mr' or 'Mrs' is becoming increasingly uncommon, in Japan, the add on -san is used regularly. This is roughly the equivalent of 'Mr' or 'Mrs' or to be pedantic, the french 'meisseuresdames' (I know I spelt it wrong :oops: ).

On the other hand I think L is probably an aspie because he can't even fit in to the Japanese culture! The culture thing might explain why Light can seem a bit Aspie at times though. I personally would think more on the sociopath side or narcissistic.

Hound_of_Ulster
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jul 2010, 12:03 pm

interesting thought...

Has any research been done on how AS manifests in different cultures?

I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obvious...that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it.

John Stuart Mill

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 10:31 am

Death Note has L, many people seem to think he has AS tendencies, he is interesting habits to put it lightly, and also has very little social abilities.

I've seen a video of L (the one where he says, "I want to tell you that...I'm L,"), and he's either an Aspie, or some random-acting person.

Might add Azumanga Daioh, Osaka is very spacey and thinks differently to others, Sakaki is very quite and afraid of upseting others and Tomo well she is probably more along the lines of ADHD.

I've taken an Azumanga Daioh test, and I first got Osaka, and then Sakaki. Osaka could have a co-morbid ADD along with her Asperger's, because I'm either hyper-focused, or not focused at all, which is exactly what Osaka is like (I have ADD and Asperger's). Sakaki might be Aspie, too, as she does seem pretty quiet, introverted, and soft-spoken.

I'd also suggest that hikikomori in Rozen Maiden (although I forgot his name) is an Aspie, but maybe he's not. Lain from Serial Experiments Lain seems like a good fit, too.

Niea from NieA seems like she has ADHD, as she does seem hyperactive, and Konata from Lucky Star is the best example of an aspie otaku, in my opinion.