Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 2:07 pm

I get called a poser for it. I like rock, metal, country, dance, pop, rnb, raggae. but not rap or hip hop

A kid saw me taking off my Zeppelin sweater and I had my Michael Jackson shirt under it...

Are you like that too? Do you like almost any music? Maybe its an Aspergers thing..

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 2:36 pm

I like the music of the British groups from the 60s, in particular The Kinks. I like a lot of other music, that was recorded between the 1910s and today. I love music, and I listen to anything and everything.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 4:02 pm

I have a more eclectic taste in music. I'll listen to anything that's pleasing to the ear. :)

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 5:53 pm

Mainly folk, folk-punk, folk-rock.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14pO6_n6RoE[/youtube]

The year is still young.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:17 pm

rock
metal
blues
real country (early 90's and before, aside from Hank Williams III modern country is crap)
real pop-rock (the Jonas Brothers and all this other crap can go to hell, Ladyhawke and Chris Singleton is where it's at)
doo-wop
reggae (I'm just getting into it so I hardly know any artists in this genre)
jazz (same as with the above)
techno (and again, same as the last two)
folk
bluegrass
Mexican folk (Rodrigo y Gabriela type stuff, and the stuff you hear in Mexican restaurants has grown on me)
nu metal
hip-hop (the good stuff, either the older Run DMC, or stuff like KMK that has musical aspects to it and which has plenty of rhythm, this mainstream s**t of today is just run-on sentences spoken over a beat

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:26 pm

i likes what i like. folky, bluesy, jazzy and what not

http://www.last.fm/user/thequango

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 6:47 am

selected greatest hits from the dawn of musical man up until the early 80s- then a song here and there. but NO RAP OR HIPHOP!! !

you_are_what_you_is
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 12:19 pm

I've never heard a genre of music I dislike. I love almost all the music I hear - at least over 1/3 of all music I listen to gets 10/10 from me.

I don't really have a favourite genre, but I tend to prefer the more experimental stuff.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 12:44 pm

Baroque, but Mozart loses me. Rag, Jazz - but not Mod Jazz. REAL folk music from certain areas - esp. Balkans, Klezmer, czardas, Quechua. Some early rock, select later rock, ragas, reggae no bad.

Most Far East music loses me, forget Western European slick, Abba and the BeeGees can please to keep it quiet around me.

Minor, high on pattern, clear sounds rather than buzzy.

My best criterion - can I whistle along with it?

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 5:11 pm

I like a lot of different stuff.

I think of a poser as someone who claims to be a musician, but never practices enough to play a whole song.

If you're just a fan,anything goes. There are no posers. You like what you like. Who's to say different?

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jul 2010, 1:25 pm

Lately I've been listening to a lot of pop(this includes disney artist) & comedy(song parodies, weird funny stupid songs ec); I'm very immature OK :o but I like lots of different stuff including :arrow: light/soft rock, love songs, hard rock, classic rock, punk, grunge, ska, alternative, disco, 80s pop & metal, country, cabaret, some stuff that most people don't consider music, some celtic, some folk, some irish, drinking songs, some metal(I'm not into stuff that sounds like grunting with static), some christian rock(I'm not into religion but if the songs are about personal & life issues & sounds like a pop beat; I may like it), I'm not really into rap much but I do like some, same with teckno. I like some underground independent stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 03 Jul 2010, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:01 pm

I don't really stick to a particular genre. My absolute favorite of all time is The Smiths and Morrissey. I also like Girl Talk, The Cure, Janis Joplin, and some other stuff. I tend to like older stuff (except for Girl Talk).

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:20 pm

I like a bit of everything. Rock, metal, country, folk, ska, punk, techno (normally leaning more toward house or trance), rap, r&b (the isley brothers were/are the s**t and I dare you to call me wrong to my face), funk, indie, jazz, classical, and other stuff too (you try and classify The Residents or John Zorn).

I can get how people can fall into this idea that they don't like certain genres but I've generally learned that there's always at least 2 good bands/artists in a genre and it's just a matter of actually finding them.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:04 pm

I listen to a little bit of everything but a lot of 90s pop (embarassing), modern alternative and death metal.

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:58 pm

Anything by Omar Rodriguez Lopez (he is the most evolved musician that I have heard so far)
The Mars Volta, TOOL, most Todd Smith, Daniel Johns, Me. Most music today is horrible, especially rap, mainstream illuminati pop, anything that you hear on the radio.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 6:12 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
Anything by Omar Rodriguez Lopez (he is the most evolved musician that I have heard so far)
The Mars Volta, TOOL, most Todd Smith, Daniel Johns, Me. Most music today is horrible, especially rap, mainstream illuminati pop, anything that you hear on the radio.

Yes I like alot of music (any genre-even hip-hop!) from the 70's 80's and 90's the best, and alot of music today does stink, but there are alot of good songs too.