What does your yearbook say about you?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:08 pm

Mine has one person signing it saying that they think I'm having "the same psychotic episode" as them (which they started saying to me after I shut down in front of them and couldn't speak). Another one referred to me as "the odd and slightly crazy one" or something.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 8:10 pm

Our yearbook didn't do such a thing, but freshman year everyone had to bring in an envelope, pass it to all the other students and everyone had to write what they thought of you on it. Nice things of course. It was supposed to help us with our self-esteem.

I got a lot of "UNIQUE" and "WEIRD BUT NICE."

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 8:27 pm

Photo not available :?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 9:17 pm

I burned my senior year book the day I took it home. Does that sound kinda scary?

For me it was a ritual to say "goodbye high school and everyone in it... forever" Not that I had a very bad time in high school but those people I just didn't want in my life for many reasons.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 9:58 pm

My yearbooks had a variety of stuff written in them. Most people wrote "to a sweet girl", while one neighbor wrote "you're pretty cool for a lesbo" when I trusted him to sign my yearbook. Why I trusted him, I don't know, considering I forgot to send my non consent form in one year, resulting in getting my name and number in the student directory which he promptly prank called. I thought it was backwards, you should send the form in to get your name and number published, not the other way around.

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2010, 10:06 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
My yearbooks had a variety of stuff written in them. Most people wrote "to a sweet girl", while one neighbor wrote "you're pretty cool for a lesbo" when I trusted him to sign my yearbook. Why I trusted him, I don't know, considering I forgot to send my non consent form in one year, resulting in getting my name and number in the student directory which he promptly prank called. I thought it was backwards, you should send the form in to get your name and number published, not the other way around.

Wow, who came up with that idea...
You have to consent for them to add you to the school directory, a "non-consent" form shouldn't exist.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:11 pm

Coldkick wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Wow, who came up with that idea...
You have to consent for them to add you to the school directory, a "non-consent" form shouldn't exist.

I don't know...but I can remember being really upset and asking "why should I have to send in a form just to not have my phone number in the directory?" It was an aggravation at the time, but looking back on it, I think I freaked out a bit too much. He was the only one who called, that I know of, because I begged my mom to get the number changed because I thought there would thousands of people calling. My school had a lot of kids enrolled and I thought they would all call, so would their brothers and sisters.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:24 pm

"Honorary Dead" I did have a few close friends who also found it amusing (as did I.) What the rest of the school thought, I did not care much.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

01 Jul 2010, 10:33 pm

Our yearbooks were different. They didn't have anything written underneath our photo. There were a few pages at the back where teachers/friends could write things about you. Only three people wrote things about me, and two of them were just teachers signatures. :(

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 11:31 pm

No idea. When they called groups to get their yearbook photo taken, I chose to stay in class. I didn't buy one, either.

From what I know, the yearbook was very impersonal to anyone but the popular kids. Mostly just a collection of tiny photos with names.

Cuterebra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2010, 12:51 am

Mine said nothing, didn't even have my picture in it. Just a name in a list, buried somewhere. I skipped graduation and drove west.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 1:07 am

I'm not certain, but I do know that I successfully avoided both photo-calls. 8)

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 1:28 am

I didn't get a yearbook senior year. I did sophomore year (different school), but I don't remember what all it said. It said nice things.

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2010, 2:06 am

they switched my picture with someone else's...

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 12:54 pm

I had nothing under my name-I was a state champ inan extracurricular activity and it never made it into the year book even when they sent the addendum to the yearbook-though a girl that I knew who was named Sue-had under her nam "Suzie Cream Cheese"--how did that make it past the yearbook censors.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 2:22 pm

"When a boat runs ashore the sea has spoken."

Under my senior photo