Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Hunter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2006, 12:40 am

Out of the blue, I received an e-mail from a friend that I haven't spoken to in roughly 10 years. I contacted him and we are suppose to meet for dinner a week from today to catch up. Since, I anticiapate that it going to be a little awkward because it has been nearly decade Do I tell him about my AS and what do I say ?

Hu3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2006, 11:22 am

I don't think talking about a disorder would "break ice". You can let your friend talk about what they've done with those 10 years you don't know about (which can be initiated by asking if they don't say anything). Then after that you can talk about your 10 years that they don't know about and you can then include the "AS" there if you want.

Hunter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2006, 1:30 am

Well, the dinner turn out. We talk about life and how we're a bit older and wiser than in high school. It seems that both of us will keep in touch on a more regular basis despite our busy schedules. While, I did bring having AS and tried to explain as best as I could to him. He seemed interested in what I had to say. Its like were picking up our friendship where we left it off.

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2006, 10:15 am

Hunter wrote:
Its like were picking up our friendship where we left it off.

That's great. I'm pleased for you both.