Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 4:07 pm

The Fourth of July is coming! That means fireworks. Normally, I don't like loud noises, but fireworks is an exception. I actually enjoy the loud booming explosions they make. Anyone else like fireworks?

NeverEnder
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2010, 4:10 pm

No fireworks for me. Too hot, sunny and crowded.

And I'll be your ghost.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 4:28 pm

I didn't even hear the fireworks, last night. I was sleeping.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 7:58 pm

We don't celebrate 4th of july in OZ.

In my small town we have a Roman Catholic feast with fireworks in September.

I dread to go, but not because of the fireworks being loud. I quite like the sound & feeling of the explosions...if you know what I mean by feeling. :?:

It's the danger factor (the possibility of faulty fireworks hitting the crowd...brrr) and the crowds that get to me.

So my husband finds a spot that's not to close and not too far to park the car and we watch from there. :P

eagletalon86
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2010, 8:02 pm

If you mean as in experimenting with empty coke cans and Black Cats, then yeah. I've done some crazy stuff with fireworks, and every year passing is just another opportunity to press my luck with them :)

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 8:14 pm

There's some about five miles down the road in a few minutes. And yet I'm here.

I just didn't feel like driving down there, being a part of the crowd, having to find a spot to park, etc... I rather just get there, watch, get the hell out - especially since I'd be flying solo.

Bells
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2010, 8:14 pm

I HATE fireworks! They're too loud and it's always crowded when people go to watch them. Along with that, 4th of July is usually celebrated when it's sunny out with a TON of people -- all of which I hate. Honestly, nobody even asks me to celebrate the holiday anymore...

I'm at home with my cats, reading tonight when the fireworks will be set off V_V

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 9:16 pm

I love watching fireworks. Usually my parents would drive us to a parking lot and we'd sit around the car and watch the fireworks. There'd usually be a decent amount of people there, but I never minded. One time we went out to the lake to see fireworks and that was really fun.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to rain in my area on the Fourth of July, so I probably won't be able to see any fireworks this year. :(

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 9:29 pm

I really don't like fireworks. They are too loud and scary. :(

ellomo
Raven
Raven

02 Jul 2010, 9:43 pm

luvmyaspie wrote:
............. I quite like the sound & feeling of the explosions...if you know what I mean by feeling. :?:

Know exactly what you mean....

There is something exhilarating and addictive about the smoke, the blast pressures and the fire raining from the sky that interests me. It's why I became a pyro-technician.
I wouldn't class it as a 'special interest' but It is an interest and a hell of alot of fun. :bounce:

luvmyaspie wrote:
It's the danger factor (the possibility of faulty fireworks hitting the crowd...brrr) and the crowds that get to me.

I can relate there too. I don't go to fireworks shows unless I'm doing it myself or someone I know is firing the show that I know can do it safely.

Peace ellomo

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Jul 2010, 11:58 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
The Fourth of July is coming! That means fireworks. Normally, I don't like loud noises, but fireworks is an exception. I actually enjoy the loud booming explosions they make. Anyone else like fireworks?

I love the fireworks... The louder and closer the better!! !! !! Low-frequency ka-booms don't bother me the way sudden higher pitched noises (shrieking infant, etc) drive me insane.

Charles

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 12:01 am

I don't mind fireworks, except for when people detonate them behind other people's houses in the middle of the night when it's not even the Fourth of July yet.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 2:22 am

There were fireworks at the Halloween party that we went to last year.

They were arranged on the roof terrace of the house, with guests watching from the garden below.

I actually had to run inside the house. As well as being uncomfortably noisy, it was very distressing to me :!:

I don't live in America so we are spared this annual noise orgy :roll:

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 2:40 am

I do not enjoy the fourth of july. Mostly because that means people will be coming over......sigh

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 2:44 am

I like the sight of fireworks, but not the sounds they make.

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 3:03 am

I do my own private display every year with about 300 mortor tubes in racks. It takes me all day to set it up and it usually takes less then 10 mins for it to all go up. I like experimenting with different methods of fusing to create a timed display that slowly builds up to a grand finale. What's great about using the racks is I get to stand back far enough to watch the whole display rather then spending alot of time lighting the fireworks.