Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 6:39 pm

I'm a white man, yet I am mainly if not exclusively attracted to black women, particularly darker-skinned ones. When I tell people this, they often accuse me of having a fetish. I don't see it that way. I think that for it to qualify as a fetish, I would have to have a disrespectful view of black women as objects merely existing for my sexual gratification, when in fact I am interested in a long-term, emotionally fulfilling relationship with a black woman. Is my view wrong? Does my interest in black women really qualify as a fetish?

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 6:42 pm

A fetish is seeking sexual gratification out of things that are not exactly erotic, like feet, diapers etc.

Discussion of such is banned for some reason, so we can wait for a moderator to remove this thread.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 7:19 pm

The people who accused you are wrong.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 10:46 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
A fetish is seeking sexual gratification out of things that are not exactly erotic, like feet, diapers etc.

Discussion of such is banned for some reason, so we can wait for a moderator to remove this thread.

No, a fetish is something that MUST be involved for the person with the fetish to get off.

If you CANNOT orgasm without something to do with Black women being involved, then it is a fetish.

Just like someone who CANNOT orgasm without big boobs being involved, whether it be actually or fantasising, then that is also a fetish.

If you can orgasm through thinking of a white woman or being with a white person and not thinking of Black women at all then you don't have a fetish.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 12:09 am

A fetish doesn't mean it has to be degrading, or whatever you said about being disrespectful or something. Having a fetish for big boobs isn't disrespectful to anyone.

I've never heard the bit about for it to qualify as a fetish you can't orgasm without the fetish involved, but it makes sense. I would just say you are strongly attracted to black women.

NearlyaHuman
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2010, 12:26 am

The term fetish is used in a number of ways.
Sometimes, its when a guy say has a "leather fetish" and he gets extra turned on when there is leather involved, but there doesn't always NEED to be leather. A small minority have such a strong fetish that they NEED an object/type of person for sexual gratification.

It's also used as a general description of what you are most attracted to- such as "asian fetish" or "MILF fetish". It doesn't mean you are only interested in them as a sexual object.
It's just the same as a guy liking "redheads".

Some people might call that a fetish, but don't worry about it. They probably didn't mean it in a derogatory way, just the term to mean a strong preference.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 2:07 am

BrandonSP wrote:
I'm a white man, yet I am mainly if not exclusively attracted to black women, particularly darker-skinned ones. When I tell people this, they often accuse me of having a fetish. I don't see it that way. I think that for it to qualify as a fetish, I would have to have a disrespectful view of black women as objects merely existing for my sexual gratification, when in fact I am interested in a long-term, emotionally fulfilling relationship with a black woman. Is my view wrong? Does my interest in black women really qualify as a fetish?

According to the dictionary:

Fetish = any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.

The color of the skin is a nongenital part of the body, so yes, this could be considered a fetish.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 3:15 am

Wikipedia says... Sexual fetishism, or erotic fetishism, is the sexual arousal a person receives from any physical thing (traditionally, an inanimate object) that is not normally considered sexual in nature. ... The sexual acts involving fetishes are characteristically depersonalized and objectified, even when they involve a partner.

So, no, this isn't a fetish.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 6:04 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Wikipedia says...[i]sexual arousal a person receives from any physical thing that is not normally considered sexual in nature. /i]

So, no, this isn't a fetish.

Interesting point. I personally think that liking black people would fit the criteria as a fetish as much as a red hair or Asian would. It differs from a vagina, for example, because those things
are sexual.