Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

oblivionpulled
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2010, 2:13 pm

I have only recently begun to think about suicide.

I was a total optimist until I past middle age.

At this point I finally realized that I would never have friends, never have a partner, never be fully competent at my job, and never be able to retire with any dignity. My career and single most important accomplishment - my children - now adult and NT - reject me for my weirdness. My life is exhausting and meaningless.

Then I needed to have an operation with general anesthesia. When I awoke, I missed the oblivion of unconsciousness. I yearn for it at times. Suicide is a heavy thing to lay on children though and I love them deeply.

wornlight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2010, 2:22 pm

i do not think about suicide for enjoyment. it is good however to think that i remain here by choice. i can leave any time i like. there may come a point when i am old and in pain and soon to die anyway that i choose my own end to obviate a more unpleasant one. i do not spend too much time speculating about that, but i have considered how best to go about it.

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2010, 4:54 pm

charade wrote:
"In death, the weight of the body is lifted."

I fantasize about death daily.
That's where drug use and dark ambient come into come into play.

I'm not totally unhappy in life, but, well, I'm definitely not satisfied. If I were given the opportunity to kill myself, with the guarantee of reemerging as another life form afterward, (even without knowledge of whether that life would take place on earth or not, or in a human form, or not,) I would immediately shoot myself.

What about as a vegetable, or tree/plant etc?

(sorry for going a little off topic im just intrigued)

I often think about suicide and death etc. Trying to analyse what the impact would probably be on family friends etc. I also try and envisage what the worse possible scenario could be after death (or even during). I try and figure out what it is, and plan for it to some extent. I find it quite an interesting subject to think about.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:13 pm

This negative crap is everywhere I go on these forums.........

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

Not exactly for enjoyment, and never with real intentions to do it, cause Im finished with that question, I like to live, but:

Sometimes to get rid of bad thoughts/feelings directly after Ive done/said something that was interpreted "wrong" by the public, I think of suicide. Its not a real question, its just a method for distracting me from feeling very stupid and experiencing the embarassing situation very intense, if I think of a cartoon me, shooting myself in the head, many times after each other in different colours and places until I feel ok. Sometimes I have to think of it in slow motion because its harder to get my attention off the things I want to lock out. This way I just postpone the problem and deal with it at another time, because in the situation it is just too heavy for me.

But off course this has not very much to do with the real suicide thoughts.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:39 pm

I think about it a lot every day.

Wraythen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Nov 2010, 9:48 pm

Uhhh, no?

I got those thoughts all the time, until very recently. It was not even close, not even close to that, to being enjoyable.

Thankfully, while the depression's not completely gone, it's but a shadow of what it was now.