Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2010, 9:40 am

Has anyone here watched/read it before? What did you think? In the last week, I've watched the whole first season and the first two episodes of the second season. I'm just so... intrigued. There will likely be spoilers here, so for those who don't want them, beware. Yeah, so anyway, thoughts on the series? Favorite characters/moments? Talk away. (I may seem a bit young to watch this series, however kids my age and a little younger watch gory NC 17 horror films, and I don't see how this is any different, if that makes sense.)

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:49 pm

It's a great show I love Shion the most. Me and my friends were into that show a year ago and so we decided to do some cosplay for it at anime north 2009. We did a skit on stage of Shion and Rena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlnEGlccPQQ We're entry number 35 and it starts at about 7:40 ends at 8:23. Oh man it was so fun. I loved pretty much everything about that series I don't know if I have a favorite part but if I had to chose I'd say that the entire Shion arc was amazing.

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2010, 7:59 am

By the Shion arc, do you mean the Eye Opening Arc? Or in Japanese, I guess it would be Meakashi-hen. Yes, Shion is an incredibly interesting character if you ask me, although I think I like her a little better in Kai, when she's not so psycho, although her crazy side definitely made one heck of an arc. I think one of my favorites is the last one in the first season, the Atonement arc, and I like the Time Killing arc as well. I'm a bit undecided as far as my favorite character, but I really like Rika and Rena. Also, you're skit was very nice ^w^

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 8:17 pm

Yeah I'm talking about Watanagashi-hen and the concluding arc. I have dated a guy with a twin brother, and years after we broke up I dated his brother so the twin arc really got to me LOL. That's why I liked that one the best, that and Shion is amazingly evil when she's psychotic. Aside from Shion I also loved the psychotic Rena and Takano was just plain evil. Takano was so hot and so evil. She wasn't even psychotic just plain evil.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 8:22 pm

Hello-Nurse7 wrote:
Also, you're skit was very nice ^w^

Thanks :wink: I hand made both costumes myself and felt it would be fun to enter them in the contest, we didn't win anything but it was a lot of fun. I was dressed as Shion and my best friend was Rena, She had really bad stage fright but she was still so cute.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 11:19 pm

My girlfriend got me into this series, it's pretty awesome.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2010, 8:11 am

@Angel_ryan

Whoa, you dated both twins? I've never heard of that outside of TV shows. Yeah, and I'm starting to get some bad vibes from Takano... her evilness hasn't been revealed at this point, but I guessed. So, do you have a least favorite part in Higurashi? Or a least favorite character? I'm not a fan of Detective Oishi at this point, and I didn't hate the the Curse Killing chapter, but it nearly made me cry. It's when Satoko's uncle comes back. And even though your friend had stage fright, she did very well!

@Roxas_XIII

It is pretty awesome. Say, from looking at your user name, are you a Kingdom Hearts fan?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 10:58 am

Hello-Nurse7 wrote:
@Roxas_XIII

It is pretty awesome. Say, from looking at your user name, are you a Kingdom Hearts fan?

Somewhat. I was into the series more when I first created this account. Now I just like to see all the Organization XIII fanart and videos around the net.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 9:58 pm

I watched it without any idea of the way it would turn out.. 8O

Seattle_Chris
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jul 2010, 8:01 am

Wow, I don't know how I missed this series. It looks awesome. If I can find it, I'm gonna download and watch it this weekend!

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2010, 6:27 pm

@book_noodles

When I first started the series, I thought it was going to be some sort of cute shoujo romance with a bit of mystery and maybe some magic (all that I had seen from the series was the characters and the fact that their village wasn't as peaceful as it seemed). Boy was I wrong. I'm kind of glad I was wrong though, because I really like the way it went.

@Seattle_Chris

Yeah, it's a good one! Not for the easily disturbed, though. If you find a virus free download for the Japanese version with English subs, could you let me know? I watched the dub on youtube, but I generally prefer subs.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 10:08 pm

Hello-Nurse7 wrote:
When I first started the series, I thought it was going to be some sort of cute shoujo romance with a bit of mystery and maybe some magic.

Me too :oops:

Hello-Nurse7 wrote:
Boy was I wrong. I'm kind of glad I was wrong though, because I really like the way it went.

I really liked it anyway.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 4:22 am

Hello-Nurse7 wrote:
@Angel_ryan

Whoa, you dated both twins? I've never heard of that outside of TV shows. Yeah, and I'm starting to get some bad vibes from Takano... her evilness hasn't been revealed at this point, but I guessed. So, do you have a least favorite part in Higurashi? Or a least favorite character? I'm not a fan of Detective Oishi at this point, and I didn't hate the the Curse Killing chapter, but it nearly made me cry. It's when Satoko's uncle comes back. And even though your friend had stage fright, she did very well!

Yeah I sure did date both twins!! ! It's so hilarious tonight I was telling my co-workers about it because one of them asked me what it was like out of the blue. So anyway the two brothers I dated look pretty much exactly the same except one wore glasses. Now the one that wore glasses was the younger twin and he was an NT ladies man all the way. His older brother was also an NT but he was nerdy and had some social Aspie traits. I dated the older brother in high school for several years on and off because we were both anime Nerds. Now in between my dating the older brother I was always extremely sexually attracted to his younger brother. They looked exactly the same but there was always something about the younger brother that really turned me on. Now for some reason the older brother would always get bored of me and break it off, probably cause of my AS symptoms, and every time I tired to date the younger twin he would get pissed off and jealous and suddenly become interested in me again. This pattern repeated itself for several years until I had enough! I took the plunge and finally had sex with the younger brother. It was interesting because the built up sexual tension between us over the years made for the most exciting experience I've ever had. In the end though we didn't get together because I was sick of the older brother getting jealous and the younger brother had another girl in mind at the time, but man we both really enjoyed that one crazy fling. It was really funny because the show "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" reminded me of the twins.

Anyway my least fav Higurashi character has gotta be Satoko's Uncle. That guy is such a douche bag, I would be tempted to kill someone like that. My least fav part is the nail removal scene with Shion, I thought that was brutal. Not so much for the character but for me cause I could imagine what that would feel like and it freaked me out.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 1:24 am

Angel_ryan wrote:
Hello-Nurse7 wrote:
@Angel_ryan

Yeah I sure did date both twins!! ! It's so hilarious tonight I was telling my co-workers about it because one of them asked me what it was like out of the blue. So anyway the two brothers I dated look pretty much exactly the same except one wore glasses. Now the one that wore glasses was the younger twin and he was an NT ladies man all the way. His older brother was also an NT but he was nerdy and had some social Aspie traits. I dated the older brother in high school for several years on and off because we were both anime Nerds. Now in between my dating the older brother I was always extremely sexually attracted to his younger brother. They looked exactly the same but there was always something about the younger brother that really turned me on. Now for some reason the older brother would always get bored of me and break it off, probably cause of my AS symptoms, and every time I tired to date the younger twin he would get pissed off and jealous and suddenly become interested in me again. This pattern repeated itself for several years until I had enough! I took the plunge and finally had sex with the younger brother. It was interesting because the built up sexual tension between us over the years made for the most exciting experience I've ever had. In the end though we didn't get together because I was sick of the older brother getting jealous and the younger brother had another girl in mind at the time, but man we both really enjoyed that one crazy fling. It was really funny because the show "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" reminded me of the twins.

Anyway my least fav Higurashi character has gotta be Satoko's Uncle. That guy is such a douche bag, I would be tempted to kill someone like that. My least fav part is the nail removal scene with Shion, I thought that was brutal. Not so much for the character but for me cause I could imagine what that would feel like and it freaked me out.

Oh yeah, the nail removal scene. My gf and I were watching it over at her friend's house and it was almost at that scene when her friend chickened out and turned off the TV (note that said friend is an avid Asian live-action horror junkie). So I missed out on seeing it. However, my gf told me that they showed it at the university anime club the year before I started attending, and according to her when they actually removed Shion's fingernails, it sounded like everyone in the room was simultaneously kicked in the nads. I still think that the club president needs to use that scene as an initiation... too bad UW doesn't allow initiations for clubs, it'd be epic.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 3:07 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
However, my gf told me that they showed it at the university anime club the year before I started attending, and according to her when they actually removed Shion's fingernails, it sounded like everyone in the room was simultaneously kicked in the nads. I still think that the club president needs to use that scene as an initiation... too bad UW doesn't allow initiations for clubs, it'd be epic.

:twisted: Yeah that would be pretty epic!