Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 12:00 pm

this is messed up :roll: losers.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video?id=2704148

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 12:33 pm

I wish people wouldent do this, now the Michael Savages of this world are going to go crazy over this story.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 12:55 pm

I hate mothers, like that.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 1:24 pm

Leekduck wrote:
I wish people wouldent do this, now the Michael Savages of this world are going to go crazy over this story.

that is so true now kid who really have it are gonna suffer now, hard to get the extra money.

Arminius
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2010, 2:06 pm

What a terrible thing.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 2:17 pm

I cannot believe they got away with it so many times. Did you see his bad acting. I remember watching a Cheech and Chong movie where they were in a welfare office and this guy was walking like he had a brain injury from a stroke or something and when the welfare office clerk looked away he started walking normal. That one little clip in that movie alterterd my thoughts on people on welfare forever so I could only imagine what this news clip is going to do to people's views on the disabled on ssi/disability. :x . Something that they only showed for a few seconds made me believe some people could be faking on disability. They will show that clip several times before the story dies off but you know everyone will forget their names but remember their actions thinking anyone on disability is faking it.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 2:30 pm

Todesking wrote:
I cannot believe they got away with it so many times. Did you see his bad acting. I remember watching a Cheech and Chong movie where they were in a welfare office and this guy was walking like he had a brain injury from a stroke or something and when the welfare office clerk looked away he started walking normal. That one little clip in that movie alterterd my thoughts on people on welfare forever so I could only imagine what this news clip is going to do to people's views on the disabled on ssi/disability. :x . Something that they only showed for a few seconds made me believe some people could be faking on disability. They will show that clip several times before the story dies off but you know everyone will forget their names but remember their actions thinking anyone on disability is faking it.

agreed. a lot of people believe that now, that people on ssi or just lazy and that is not true. :x

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 2:46 pm

Benjamin Franklin wrote:
There is no kind of dishonesty into which otherwise good people more easily and frequently fall than that of defrauding the government.

Although in this particular case, I'm pretty sure this wasn't an "otherwise good person". Fraud for personal profit is one thing, but harming one's own child to do it is absolutely abhorrent.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 8:04 pm

My wife and I were originally reluctant to take benefits offered to my daughter, due to her PDD-NOS, specifically out of fear others would accuse us of abusing the system, precisely because of thieves and grifters like this woman. In the end, our daughter's welfare won out. I can't believe I actually put consideration for what cretins thought ahead of my little girl's well being. :(

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 8:35 pm

Well, rest assured this story will get played 10,00 times in the media, whereas stories about people who legitimately need benefits but can't get them for some stupid reason will never be aired at all. Thus continues the self-reinforcing belief that nearly all people on benefits are faking slackers.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 9:17 pm

This really hurts people who actually have a disability. I hate seeing stories like these, it only adds on to the problems real disabled people go through financially.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 3:06 am

:x

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 11:28 am

MONIQUEIJ wrote:
I know of a case like this. People suck.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 11:57 am

This is what happens when you fake having a disability!

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 12:03 pm

jamesongerbil wrote:
MONIQUEIJ wrote:
I know of a case like this. People suck.

agreed

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 12:24 am

Great, does this mean that Social Security is going to start spying on people just to see if they act any different?

I also think no wonder so many people get denied disability when they need it. People who have worse disabilities than me get denied while I got approved the first time. Why??????