Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2010, 5:22 pm

Hey there,
I'm having a seemingly random iPod issue. The speakers on the headsets fade in and out, usually from just one side, giving it a sort of wavering effect. The external speakers are fine. And yes, I've checked the iPod with multiple headphones. Same issue happens. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Mutanatia

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 6:43 pm

It's your headphones that needs replacing, there isn't really anything wrong with your iPod since it works on the external earphones perfectly fine. :)

That should pretty much sum the problem.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 6:45 pm

one of the contacts inside the pod might be dirty. if you have an extremely tiny cotton swab, moisten it with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and twirl it inside the headphone jack.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2010, 9:44 pm

I'm almost convinced that it is the iPod though, because I have tried it with other headphones too, and the odds of like...4 headphones having the same problem are slim to none (and slim just left town :p)...right?

computek272
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2010, 10:47 pm

Once in a while I shine a flashlight into the headphone jack on my iPod and find small balls of lint stuck inside the headphone jack. When the headphones are plugged in, the same thing you are experiencing happens. I usually take a tiny screwdriver and pull out the bits of fuzz, then problem solved!