Page 5 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 1:48 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Like it or not, the United States is a pluralist society, in which muslim citizens have precisely the same place as every other citizen.

"Like it or not, this is how it is" is hardly a compelling argument. What is now the United States was once a bunch of British colonies, but some people didn't like that. The United States practiced slavery for years, but some people didn't like that either.

Last edited by codarac on 29 Jul 2010, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 2:04 pm

ruveyn wrote:
visagrunt wrote:
The fact of this discussion demonstrates how importantly this institution is needed.

There are millions of muslim US citizens, people who are being demonized by the actions of a tiny subset of their co-religionists.

If the "peaceful" Muslims had put on a Million Muslim March Against Terrorism this would not have happened. But they did not say boo! in public. Silence implies consent or agreement.

ruveyn

So what you're implying is that all Muslims are violent terrorists or terrorists in wait?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Furantic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2010, 2:22 pm

I lived in Turkey for two years. Not once did the Muslims who live there make threats against us. Closest there was was a garbage strike because the Turks weren't getting paid enough.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 2:40 pm

ruveyn wrote:
If the "peaceful" Muslims had put on a Million Muslim March Against Terrorism this would not have happened. But they did not say boo! in public. Silence implies consent or agreement.

ruveyn

Right..... because you've engaged in how many million man marches?? Look, ruveyn, your requirement is silly, you are likely a hypocrite, and silence does not imply consent or agreement. Particularly given that given that these people are living in our society, if anything, they're agreeing or consenting to OUR rules. I mean, heck, you do have to recognize that the paradoxical conclusion of two (or more) different assents to incompatible ideas is found through your method.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 1:47 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Silence implies consent or agreement.

I did not know that silence = self incrimination, when it comes to sharing similar characteristics with criminals even if you were not involve at all.

I have yet to see any court using that "brilliant" idea of yours succesfully against someone.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 1:48 pm

skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
visagrunt wrote:
The fact of this discussion demonstrates how importantly this institution is needed.

There are millions of muslim US citizens, people who are being demonized by the actions of a tiny subset of their co-religionists.

ruveyn

So what you're implying is that all Muslims are violent terrorists or terrorists in wait?

Not all.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 2:08 pm

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
visagrunt wrote:

ruveyn

Not all.

ruveyn

Uh huh. :roll:

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson