Anyone a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2012, 7:35 pm

I like the steampunk theme of Legend of Korra. I like Amon's character, and the fact that the Equalists have been in hiding planning this whole thing. Meelo is definitely the main source of humor in the show, along with Tenzin's reactions. (Be the leaf!) I like the fact that there's technology, but not overly advanced. (biplanes).

Spoiler alert

I don't like the ending, I mean Korra barely spent any time trying to connect with the spiritual side of things and then at the ending she suddenly learns energybending. Deus ex machina, anyone?
Despite the flaws, the love triangle, and some characters being kind of flat, I thought Korra was a really good show.

Last edited by Epsilon on 07 Sep 2012, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 10:51 pm

Never really viewed Legend of Korra as steampunk; but it does have an early 20th century feel to it I must say.

However, I love what they did in the season one finale; Nickelodeon would've never aired that 30 years ago!

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm

possible spoiler alert

I was mainly referring to the mecha-tank things; that word just went in my head from those.
Oh yeah I was so surprised they were bold enough to put something like that in. Especially after all the emphasis against that kind of thing in the previous series. I also thought the fire nation ships were kind of wimpy, just saying. Their army should have been prepared for anything, really.

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2012, 11:45 pm

This is my freaking favorite show ever! Toph is best! I just wish I knew who lins father was. I would like to think Sokka is but they never tell you <sniffle sniffle>. I don't know which couple I love more; Toph and Sokka or Tidus and Yuna.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

14 Sep 2012, 2:05 am

It never really caught my fancy; but Korra may, though.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."