Sleeptalking/sleeplaughing/sleepwalking

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you sleeptalk/sleeplaugh or sleepwalk?
No, I have never done it 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
No, but I know people that do talk, walk og laugh in their sleep 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
I have only been sleepwalking 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
I have only been sleeptalking/sleeplaughing 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
I have been sleepwalking and sleeptalking 55%  55%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 20

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 7:57 pm

luvmyaspie wrote:
Okay...this one's a bit weird...I have sleep walked to the refrigerator and sleep raided it (sleep eating) when I was in my teens and always on stupid diets... :lol: :roll:

My husband used to do that.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 8:34 pm

My mom is a notorious sleepwalker/talker, and she also experiences sleep paralysis and hypnic jerks. It also takes her about 10 seconds or less to fall completely asleep (not an exaggeration either). My dad and I think she must have some kind of sleep disorder, but she doesn't think she needs to see a doctor for it. When she sleepwalks, she walks around the house and sometimes feeds the cat. When she sleeptalks, she swears like a sailor, which is completely out of character for her.

I sleepwalked once when I was 9 years old. I went up the stairs to my parent's bedroom, stood in front of them, and kept saying "no, no, no" over and over. My parents guided me into bed with them. When I woke up the next day, I was confused as to how I ended up there because I clearly remembered that I'd fallen asleep in my own room.

A few days ago, I came home after having a root canal on one of my teeth and went to sleep. My brother came into my room to use the computer, and I started laughing and said "Isn't it funny when I ate the food?" and my brother said "What are you talking about? You didn't eat anything; you've been asleep!"

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 8:47 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
luvmyaspie wrote:
Okay...this one's a bit weird...I have sleep walked to the refrigerator and sleep raided it (sleep eating) when I was in my teens and always on stupid diets... :lol: :roll:

:) Did he find that he did so when he'd gone to bed hungry?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 8:54 pm

Once I went camping with a high school friend and her family. Everyone was sleeping in one trailer. I woke up in the morning and everyone was smirking at me. Apparently I sat up suddenly during the night and let out a stream of obscenities. :oops:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 9:22 pm

luvmyaspie wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
luvmyaspie wrote:

:) Did he find that he did so when he'd gone to bed hungry?

I believe so, but he hasn't done it since he was a teen.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 9:23 pm

Aimless wrote:
Once I went camping with a high school friend and her family. Everyone was sleeping in one trailer. I woke up in the morning and everyone was smirking at me. Apparently I sat up suddenly during the night and let out a stream of obscenities. :oops:

Yikes. That's far worse than me being caught at 15 singing "I just can't wait to be King" in a baby voice.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 9:27 pm

Aimless wrote:

I hate when that happens ;)

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 10:08 pm

I have a very long history of doing all kinds of weird things in my sleep some of which are beyond embarrassing to admit. :oops: So I won't. :roll:
-------------------------------------------------------------
I but believe different medications such as amytriptyline and oxycontin taken at the same time, have effected my sleep in strange ways and made my sleeping activity worse. Most of the time I will wake myself up doing whatever I'm doing. Image
One of the most serious incidents happened in the middle of the night. I found myself outside in my bra and panties on the sidewalk in front of my porch. Image Image
I have no idea what happened or why I was there. But later I had a huge dark purple bruise from my right hip going down the side of my leg. I luckily had no fractures but it was painful for some time afterwards. Image
It was obvious, I had fallen. Image But I'm not sure if it was from my neighbor's porch upstairs or the stairway. :shrug: I'm just happy that at least I had my underwear on.
------------------------------------------------------------- Taupey :?

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 10:52 pm

We just caught our 3 year old sleepwalking.

Bugzee
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jul 2010, 11:35 pm

I use to sleepwalk when I was younger, but i was told by some travel col;leagues recenlty that I have a bad habit of snoring loudly and talking outloud in my sleep.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 5:17 pm

:lmao: Some of these stories are very funny! Great topic d0ds0t!