Do your sleep patterns go all over the place?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 7:07 am

Hi

My sleep patterns are so unstable I don't know whether it is AS or something else. This week I slept ok most days. But come the weekend I didn't sleep at all and for the past 2 days I have had to take sleeping pills. I hate them and now I need to concentrate on sleeping without them.

In winter I can sleep all the time. But in the summer my sleep hours are reduced and I sleep only about 4 hours a day.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 7:57 am

I sleep whenever I can, which can be any time of day. It's very difficult for me to fall asleep, and I often don't get much sleep and I'm exhausted all the time. Right now it's 9 am and I woke up at midnight because of a thunderstorm and I haven't been able to go back to sleep.

skybluepink
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2010, 9:19 am

I always seem to sleep in two sessions and my son (who has PDD-NOS) is the same. This was apparently quite a common sleep pattern before everyone had artificial lights. I can't sleep long in summer either and I have to schedule in a doze in the afternoon if I can. Happily I live in Spain where this is normal. :)

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 9:20 am

Yep, my sleep pattern fluctuates all the time. It usually shifts a couple of hours each day.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 9:51 am

Yeah, my sleep patterns tend to (without medication) be pretty messed up. I can stay up for a couple of days, then sleep 12 hours, then stay up all night, then sleep for 6 hours... etc.
Then I feel pretty fatigued throughout the day.
From what I have heard/read, sleep problems are common in those with ASDs.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2010, 10:04 am

I tend to struggle to go to sleep until i've been awake at least 15 or 16 hours. This means if I get up at 2:00 in the afternoon, I won't get to sleep until 5 or 6 the next morning.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jul 2010, 11:27 am

My sleep patterns tend to change around. For about a week, I couldn't even began to feel drowsy, until nearly 2:00 am. Then, it started being earlier and earlier. This week, I start getting groggy around 11:30 pm. Now, I may wake around 9:30ish, but some days I still sleep until as late as 1:00 pm.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:28 pm

My sleep cycle is messed up, too. I have a catlike sleep cycle.XD

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain