Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Shadowcat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2010, 11:32 pm

I saw an article in my Sunday Paper about this idea called Speed Dating and how it was growing in popularity.

I was all right until I saw a remark that said something about men being offered a choice of women were like an Autistic three year old.

In other words it sounded like it was a very insulting remark because it wasn't fair to the men to call them indecisive and say that Speed Dating was right for them, because an Autistic 3 year old can't make up their mind.

Just because a three year old with Autism makes a decision at a slower pace than a NT 3 year old, doesn't mean they can't make a decision at all.

What say ya'all?

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 12:35 am

These stupid statements have been growing in recent years - not in occurrence, but in rate of dispersal. When the POTUS makes a joke about the Special Olympics, most of the American population knows within days. Even years later, digital records are still around to remind people of exactly what transpired.

That said, as an ad that was intended to be published, this is an extreme blunder on the author's part. Chances are, those responsible will be fired. You should call and complain.

As far as speed-dating goes, I think it's one of the dumbest ideas in the history of man. The divorce rate in the US is roughly 50%, and it's largely because couples didn't take enough time to really get to know each other. In my opinion, speed-dating is just the first step in a string of shotgun-divorces.

But they do not have me

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 1:38 am

who the hell coined the term speed dating anyway? What does it even mean? Do you date people on the drug speed? Do you jump out of bed, run down stairs and out of the house asking every female that you see would you like to go on a date as you circle the neighborhood? Also, don't complain. It won't change anything and it will just make you look like an as*hole. If they are dumb then just let them be that way, be proud of yourself.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 10:51 am

Apera wrote:
As far as speed-dating goes, I think it's one of the dumbest ideas in the history of man. The divorce rate in the US is roughly 50%, and it's largely because couples didn't take enough time to really get to know each other. In my opinion, speed-dating is just the first step in a string of shotgun-divorces.

I was going to write something about the waste of time, resources and stuff, but this sums up my opinion pretty well.