Is it ever okay to look at a women's breasts?

Page 1 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 6:12 am

What are the boundaries that are considered appropriate when interacting with the opposite sex with regard to visually appreciating a person's body?

Is it ever okay to look at a women's breasts when you are talking to them?

I have heard that a "discreet" glance is considered okay. How long is a glance? What makes a glance "discreet?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 6:35 am

I don't think I can help it to be honest. Just don't stare.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 6:53 am

No, i'ts not. I've been called flat, but at least i'm not being checked out! You should look someone in the eyes (ok- I know thats hard, were aspies!) , not their breasts.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 7:11 am

Some women might slap you if you do, and some might slap you if you do not. But, I say GG is right.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 7:13 am

boobs are boring, and i never look at them.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 7:14 am

No, I think most women would find it offensive.

I'm a bit of a perv and I actually get a little but flattered by thta sort of thing BUT if it were constant I'd be annoyed and a little creeped out. It's not a capital offense to do it sometimes but most women would flip a biscuit if they caught you.

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 7:34 am

Its ok to look at them if you are NOT talking to each other. If you are talking to each other, you need to be looking only at her eyes. Otherwise, she'll assume you are more interested in her for her body parts than her.

I'm not that easily distracted by boobs, but if a girl had huge jugs or wild cleavage, its hard not to notice it. Generally, her cleavage is an indication of how open she is about you looking at them. If she has no cleavage, she doesn't want you looking down there period.

T-Bone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2010, 8:01 am

I think some women would be insulted if you never glance appreciatively at their sexy body, especially if they are dressing up to show off their body (like if they wear a sexy dress).

However, I get scared, fear being accused of sexual harassment, so I just look them in the eyes and never say they are sexy even if they ask.

However, I do wonder why looking at people in the eyes is the socially accepted way of looking at people. Why not the ears? Why not the nose? Why not their hands or feet? Or breasts, especially if they are pleasant to the eyes? What makes the eyes so special? Aren't they other parts of their body also part of them? This I do not know or understand.

However, it seems animals understand that you look people in the eyes, both dogs and cats do that. Instinctual I guess. The eyes tend to tell alot about how the person is feeling and their intentions. I guess.

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2010, 8:14 am

Some women are offended, and some enjoy the attention. I don't think it really pays to take chances.

...and since I don't like to be offended, I prefer not to offend other people. Just saying... :roll:

DonDud
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jul 2010, 9:11 am

Random observation I've made: women who are friendly toward me, those who I find fairly easy to talk to... I don't notice their breasts. These are the women that I actually really like, the ones I'd want to date (but never have). I find myself so into their personality that their body doesn't matter to me. It's kinda hard to not glance at most women's chests, though. I try not to. I wonder how easily they can tell...

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 9:44 am

Sometimes you can't help it when a woman's cleavage is so...how do I put it.....their stand out feature. Some women have cleavage that just screams "LOOK AT MY CHEST". Sometimes I can't even avoid a glance at their chest and I'm female :P.

It's hard too as my eyes are usually cast down to that level as I go about my day. So my eyes will inevitably meet with someone's chest.

bnorval1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2010, 9:56 am

I think as long as it's discreet it should be fine. Like a quick look with the eyes should be acceptable as opposed to completely turning your head downward to focus on them

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 9:59 am

*shrug* Just don't stare. I'm used to having them grabbed all the time by friends at school. It took awhile to get used to it though. >.>

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 10:08 am

Probably not for too long. I honestly find it completely ret*d as a straight guy to ignore one of the more defining aspects of the female form. By some miracle nobody has ever complained about me staring at their breasts, however one guy has complained about me staring at his ass because I saw a nerds rope sticking out of his back pocket (OMFG!! !!)

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 10:30 am

I don't like looking people in the eye so I tend to look down or to the side. Sometimes, without meaning to, I end up looking at a woman's breasts, but then I quickly look away. Of course sometimes it's hard not to look. Yesterday I was working with a client who was wearing a light dress that revealed more of her breasts than most women commonly reveal. I found my gaze frequently landing on them and then I would have to quickly look away, either to her face or somewhere else. If she noticed, she didn't indicate an opinion one way or the other. Anyway, she remained good natured and friendly.

But then again there is nothing wrong with appreciating another person's attractiveness so long as you do so in a way that doesn't make them uncomfortable. Maybe it's a matter of how much you look at their body versus their face. Mostly I look away from people, but when I do look at them, I try to look them in the eye longer than I look at any other part of them.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 10:52 am

Oh the things I have seen when ladies lean over my counter at work... :P

It's impossible not to notice and even ... admire it a bit. But of course I still keep eye contact with them and I'm very quick. :lol:

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/