Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

aldent88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2010, 12:42 pm

Console:360. So many games to keep me occupied,plus the online isn't bogged as **** like the PS3s online community is.(I own a PS3,and I enjoy all the games I have for it, Single player and multiplayer(local and online)

Game: I don't know if its my favorite of all time persay....but Xenogears definitely stands out from the crowd.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 10:30 pm

Nintendo Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

RedTatsu
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Oct 2010, 6:04 pm

Team Fortress 2 on Mac.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2010, 7:27 pm

This is something I never understood. Why have a favorite? I've seen so many people argue over "Halo is better than COD!" or "PS3 fanboyz! Xbox rulzeor!"... WHY? Why do people insist on liking one thing and shunning others? Why is it that they completely ignore the competition even though they might like it? Same with things like the star wars/star trek war. Why pick sides? Is it too much to ask to enjoy them both?

... Anyway I love Devil May Cry 3. God of war be damned >.< (yes that was a joke. But my favorite really is DMC3.)

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"-George Carlin

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2010, 8:14 pm

James0Zero wrote:
This is something I never understood. Why have a favorite? I've seen so many people argue over "Halo is better than COD!" or "PS3 fanboyz! Xbox rulzeor!"... WHY? Why do people insist on liking one thing and shunning others? Why is it that they completely ignore the competition even though they might like it? Same with things like the star wars/star trek war. Why pick sides? Is it too much to ask to enjoy them both?

... Anyway I love Devil May Cry 3. God of war be damned >.< (yes that was a joke. But my favorite really is DMC3.)

Having a favorite isn't the same as having a bias. I have favorite games, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy others. I honestly couldn't choose just one favorite if I had to either. The people who stick with one answer and say all others suck... that comes off as a stubborn bias. For example I really like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry... most people choose one and bash the other. I however don't like God of War and whatever knock offs that are made based on it very much (Dante's Inferno)... not because I see them as opposition, but that I don't like their game play mechanics... or plots. I don't see them as bad games I just don't care for the GOW style so much... I can play it but I don't care for it. I'd have to say the people who have to pick one and say all opposition sucks... probably are just very insecure short sighted people. I think it's alright to make favorites though... I'm just always open to having more as they come.

I'd have to say one of my favorite games of all time is Jade Empire. My favorite console... I have no idea... I guess the PS2 and Xbox 1 as they have the most memorable titles... to me.

Crimsonfield
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2010, 8:49 am

Age of Empires 2, back when games were simple and actually fun. Had hours of fun in the multiplayer mode until Microsoft decided to pull the plug.

My favorite game system is the PC.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2010, 10:45 am

Talis wrote:

Having a favorite isn't the same as having a bias. I have favorite games, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy others. I honestly couldn't choose just one favorite if I had to either. The people who stick with one answer and say all others suck... that comes off as a stubborn bias. For example I really like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry... most people choose one and bash the other. I however don't like God of War and whatever knock offs that are made based on it very much (Dante's Inferno)... not because I see them as opposition, but that I don't like their game play mechanics... or plots. I don't see them as bad games I just don't care for the GOW style so much... I can play it but I don't care for it. I'd have to say the people who have to pick one and say all opposition sucks... probably are just very insecure short sighted people. I think it's alright to make favorites though... I'm just always open to having more as they come.

I'd have to say one of my favorite games of all time is Jade Empire. My favorite console... I have no idea... I guess the PS2 and Xbox 1 as they have the most memorable titles... to me.

Ahh it's good to hear things like this. I'm far too tired of the above mention over-biased people. And I actually realy like Ninja gaiden as well. My pallet for games is very wide so I can enjoy just about anything as long as it's a well made game.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"-George Carlin

LongJohnSilver
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Oct 2010, 2:10 am

It has to be World of Warcraft for the PC for me, although Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas for the same platform run close seconds. I have over 500 games on many different platforms, including the Sega Genesis, Playstation (original), Playstation Portable, Nintendo Wii, and every handheld unit Nintendo ever came out with except for the DSi. But the PC has always been, and may always be, the most powerful, most versatile, and overall greatest game system there is. In my not-so-humble opinion, of course. :-)

Kady93

23 Oct 2010, 7:18 pm

I absolutely enjoy the PC version of James Cameron's Avatar the Game. I love the graphics.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 7:52 pm

I know I'm going to sound babyish for saying this, but...every Pokemon game, every Kirby game, Kingdom Hearts, and Megaman Battle Network 5 (Colonel is cool, and I relate to his kindness, his mistrust of other people, his introversion, and his low-self esteem that I pointed out). I still love Nintendo systems...which, for a teenager, is odd, because most people convert to Sony, which, to me, has a too-violent range of bloodiness.

tyuiop159
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Oct 2010, 5:40 pm

Sonic 2 for the Sega Genesis, Sonic games are the best. The old games are better than the newer ones though.

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2010, 5:41 pm

Red Dead Redmption!! !

Pc shame RDR not on it though :cry: still the wait continues! COME ON R* HURRY UP!! BRING IT TO PC!! !!

My favorite letter is the squiggly! ~ :D

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 9:10 pm

XBox 360

Mass Effect 1 and 2.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 2:12 pm

Ninja Gaiden Black on XBox

holy_littleanimekid

31 Oct 2010, 4:39 pm

halo reach on xbox 360

Ah_Q