American Women vs UK Women, Europeans, and non-Americans

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 7:34 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
IDK if women in other countries proudly display bumper stickers on their car that say b***h or might even wear a t-shirt like that.

I find that to be trashy, but I do see it here in the U.S.A and I don't really get it...idk maybe they mean it literally and think they are dogs rather than human women.

I recently saw a woman at the grocery store who had a T-shirt on saying "Out of Your League". :roll:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 8:22 pm

Reopen a 9 year old post, wow, I did this before. I’m American & not all women are b***hy.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2019, 5:44 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
IDK if women in other countries proudly display bumper stickers on their car that say b***h or might even wear a t-shirt like that.

I find that to be trashy, but I do see it here in the U.S.A and I don't really get it...idk maybe they mean it literally and think they are dogs rather than human women.

I recently saw a woman at the grocery store who had a T-shirt on saying "Out of Your League". :roll:

Lol it would be really hilarious if she was really old and toothless no?
I think that's amusing. I once saw a pic of an old Russian woman who had a t shirt that she presumably couldn't read in English that said "kick me in the ass."

An interesting observation is that in my country shirts with English slogans are very popular. I say to my students "hmm I like your shirt. Do you know what is written on it?" 100% say they don't. I say to them: "Why on earth would you walk around with a slogan you don't understand?" It could say: " I'm an imbecile" or "I eat turds for breakfast" how dumb is that? They couldn't care less :)

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2019, 5:59 pm

I'm British born but live in the Middle East. I'm feisty but polite unless you push my buttons, then I will crush you, especially if you attack the underdog, I rush in uninvited to save the day, a kind of red-headed, chubby, horseless, female Don Quixote. Personally I don't get this b..ch trend it's all a bit crude.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 9:41 am

Teach51 wrote:
Personally I don't get this b..ch trend it's all a bit crude.

Before I met my wife it almost seemed like it was an arms race for women to be the bitchiest, most stuck up, condescending and "independent" that they could possibly be. I'm not sure if they think it is attractive to men because it certainly isn't to any I know. I even had one women write "if you want to take me on a date you need to step up your game" and she wasn't the least bit attractive and worked a minimum wage job. I am still trying to figure out if she was being serious all these years later because she was actually seemed very nice and friendly when I later recognized her at her workplace.

Teach51 wrote:
An interesting observation is that in my country shirts with English slogans are very popular. I say to my students "hmm I like your shirt. Do you know what is written on it?" 100% say they don't. I say to them: "Why on earth would you walk around with a slogan you don't understand?" It could say: " I'm an imbecile" or "I eat turds for breakfast" how dumb is that? They couldn't care less

It seems to be a trend locally where young people (usually women) get a quote, saying or phrase tattooed, often times in a foreign language that they don't speak or read. At least you can take off a shirt!