user name
same 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
not same 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 8:59 pm

Do you think that it is safe or not safe to use the same user name for every site you join.

( well writing so if you don't want to read it don't :roll: )

do you use the same name for every site your a member of yes or no why or why not.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 9:00 pm

I don't think it's safe. It makes it too easy for people to stalk you. I try to use a different username for every site.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 9:16 pm

I came up with a new username for another site, to symbolize a new beginning. :)

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 9:18 pm

Same Name. :cool: I have nothing to hide.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 9:22 pm

as some jerk pointed out earlier on another WP thread :roll: I use the name MONIQUEIJ for every site it is my real name.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 10:13 pm

MONIQUEIJ wrote:
as some jerk pointed out earlier on another WP thread :roll: I use the name MONIQUEIJ for every site it is my real name.

Yea, that's true... :lol: But I'm the same aswell, but I also use other nicknames aswell.
Just mostly in AS communities and sometimes other places, I feel more comfortable with the nickname I have.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 10:21 pm

It depends. I tend to use the same username but I also use different ones because I want something that be perminent for me. I am stuck with Spokane Girl on some sites because I can't change my name or else create a new account.

I would also say it's unsafe to use the same username for sites you go to you don't want anyone to know about such as lets say you have a fetish and you join forums about that fetish. You wouldn't want anyone in real life to find out nor people on forums you go to so you would need to use a different username for forums you go to that are about your fetish and use a different email address.

If you don't want anyone to find out you have autism, use a different user name for none autistic forums and a different email address.

But me I am pretty open so I have nothing to hide but I have had people look me up and use stuff against me I have said in the past because they misinterpreted what I wrote or took what I said seriously when I was only joking or things were different then and since then my thoughts had changed. And my ex had searched me trying to find a photo of me and saw I had AS and I can remember freaking out thinking he was stalking me or something because I didn't know how he knew until he told me he looked up my photobucket name because he was trying to find a photo of me. I even had someone look me up to and found out about my fetish and was nasty to me about it but he was a troll anyway so it didn't matter. He may have added me to his msn contacts and then looked up my msn nickname and found my story forum after viewing my msn profile and then he deleted me.

Sometimes people use a username that be hard to google. Spokane Girl was pretty hard to google because when you type it in, you get all these unrelated results about me. News stories pop up and other sites with anything with the word Spokane or girl in it. But some people really know how to do their research so they find ways to find you on what forums you go to typing in your username and narrowing down the searches.