Would you care if someone you hated died?

Page 9 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

IWantYourSoul
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2010, 2:01 am

It would depend on what I hate them for. If they did something that was worthy of death I'd say good riddance. If not then yes, I'd feel sad about it.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 8:56 pm

I don't really hate anyone. I once did for a brief while and it made me into a person I didn't like, it's like if you hate then in a sense you become hatred, and it can do ugly things to you. So I stopped hating them. As far as when people die, sometimes it bothers me and sometimes it doesn't, and doesn't necessarily have to do with whether I like them or not. I've had two relatives die recently, had very troubled relationships with both of them (one of them molested me, just for a clue as to how troubled), and one of them I only cared in that I knew people who loved them and knew they were upset, and the other one I cared much more than I expected. I don't think you can know whether you'll care until it happens.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 10:30 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I mean actually hated.
I don't like a lot of people but for specific people I wouldn't care if they died.
I don't actually "hate" many.

I'd probably laugh if someone I really hated died, because people I really hate are just flat out disgusting human beings.

Schadenfreude is my second favorite hobby. I would rejoice.

ruveyn

E-FrameZenderblast
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2010, 11:11 pm

I do not think I would care at all. My neighbour, who probably was autistic or had Asperger Syndrome (his non-too-bright parents did not want anyone to 'label' him) was REALLY annoying to me. He was obsessed with computers and televisions and such. One day he died - we do not know how, but we think it involved wires. Anyway, I was thrilled :? .

I am not too sure I would care too much if a member of my family died, other than it would be inconvenient for my lifestyle if it was one of my parents. When my grandfather died I did not really care...

Recently on the news there has been a story about twenty-odd miners dying (NOT the Chilean mine story, this one is in New Zealand). Everybody has been saying how sad it is, it is all over the news, the prime minister made a speech - and I cannot bring myself to care about it. People die all the time.

Am I some kind of really nasty evil psychopathic person?

The only person who I KNOW I would be upset about their death would be the girl I have a huge crush on...

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 12:14 am

E-FrameZenderblast wrote:
Am I some kind of really nasty evil psychopathic person?

If you're able to worry about it, then no. If you were, it wouldn't bother you. I mean, you probably have the usual ability to do evil that everyone has, and it's good to worry about that and try not to do it. But for that kind of extreme evil, you wouldn't care if you were like that.

Zolikan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2010, 8:39 am

Yes, I would have cared if someone I hate died: I would have loved it.

At least it is very easy to say now. But I am pretty certain.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2010, 2:39 pm

I don't hate anybody.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:23 pm

A very great deal of people around the world deserve to die in very "horrible" ways. I don't currently feel an overwhelming hatred towards anyone, but I do indeed know I still hate countless people - indeed countless - and it'd greatly please me if they would be removed from the world. I never get it when people object to this view... it just makes no sense. There is no possible forgiveness for so many. For instance, rapists have no rights... away with them in the most unthinkable way available is the most appropriate and honourable solution. The only issue would be their family... but, quite unfortunately, that should not be regarded... but I would feel for them in their sorrow, if they would be unaware of the rape he/she would've committed. As an example... there are other examples than rapists.

FunnyFaceKing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2010, 9:50 pm

Someone I hated did die earlier this year. The only thing I felt bad about was my thoughts that I should have felt bad for his death, but this guy was a complete jerk to me. He did a great to help my family keep me in a state of indentured servitude. The only honest feeling I feel now, after processing my feelings, is relief.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

28 Nov 2010, 4:00 am

There was someone in my life who caused my family and I a great deal of pain...well he died. I thought that if he died that I would be free, instead...I am not...and I am still pissed off at that person. He died horribly from a disease, but that does not affect me...I am just mad that I am not free from what he did to my family and I.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 4:39 am

No.

I really don't understand it when people say, "I don't like X, but I wouldn't want Y to happen to them." If you don't like them, why not?

Happyboy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Oct 2012, 7:19 am

I don'y understand what people are saying here. I hated two people in my life. When I say hate I mean something beyond imagination. I used to kill both of them in my fantasies every night before going to sleep. I did this for more than 30 years. I tried Buddhism, it did not make me feel better. I tried Western psychology, it did not make me feel better. The only reason that I did not kill them is because I figured the consequences of getting caught were not worth it but it was close to being worth it. I have contemplated wether I prefer to win the lotery or see these two people dead. I chose that I would rather have them dead. There was nothing that I wanted more in life than to see them dead. Nothing would have made me happier. Nothing would give me more reliefe.
There was no connection between these two people. The incidents with them happened seperately. Suddenly, after more than 30 years, I decided to google one of them. I could not beleive my eyes when I saw that she dies from cancer at the age of 50. I had to make sure that this is true. I found out that it was true. I started dancing with joy. I felt like I could breath easy. I felt high. I felt better than winning the lotery.
Here comes the weird part. I am still in total amazment. Two days later, I googles the other dog which I hated. I found out that he died in a bad car accident. I called to make sure that this is true. Indeed it is.
This was too much. I don't drink alcohol but I felt that I need to celebrate. This is a holiday.
I feel so good and so happy. I don't know what to make out of what happened. Is my guardian angle helping me? Do I have special powers? After all, I meditated on their death every night. These two people were not related to each other and they lived in different countries.
Don't let anybody fool you. Revenge is the sweetest thing in the world. You can fool yourself into forgiving. You can fool yourself into forgetting. You can philosophize about how you are a better person for forgiving. But inside you know that you are fooling yourself. I just happened to be lucky and I won the lottery twice in two days.
Life is good now forever.
I will go to their graves and I will take a s**t on their graves. I will travel for this to their countries. Am I crazy? No. I am a flooded with happiness :D

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 8:45 am

I've never truly hated anyone I know personally. There are people in this world that i wouldn't mind if they died horribly.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 9:37 am

I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't laugh or be happy, but I'd really just don't give a sh*t.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 9:41 am

Personally hated, i would feel relieved.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 9:44 am

I don't know many people who wouldn't cry if somebody they really hated died.