Would you care if someone you hated died?

Page 10 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 9:47 am

I try not to rejoice in the death of my enemies.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 10:04 am

i do not understand well the concept of "hatred".

i do not hate anyone i believe, but it depends on how one defines "hate"

i either approve of someone or i am entirely indifferent to them. those are the only 2 states of relationships i have with people.

however, when i think about it, i do get frustrated to a serious degree with people when they impede my progress due to reasons of thoughtlessness, but i am not sure it qualifies as hatred.

an example may be (like yesterday) when i was behind 2 cars in a right turn lane at the lights, and we were waiting for a right pointing green arrow, and when the green arrow eventuated, the first car was alert and zipped through, but the car in front of me was daydreaming and did not move (and i knew the green arrow would not last long), so i blasted my horn at it, and it casually engaged gears and oozed forward in a dawdling fashion, and the driver gave no thought to the fact that by the time he/she was in the side street, i would be still be on the main road blocking traffic for a second or 2.

i almost decided i would push it around the corner with my bumper bar i was that angry.

instead, i said "come on.............. come on............. come on... MOVE!! you blasted MORON!! !"

i do not think that my attitude at that time was a hateful one because i did not wish any harm to prevail upon the bad driver, and as soon as i entered the side street behind the impeding car, we went our separate ways, and the matter was over.

i would not really care if the driver died however (unrelated to any encounter with me).

people die at various stages in their lives. some leave most of their lives unspent, and some wither away into fully spent shriveled shells who are now just husks of their youthful selves, but in the end, everyone that will ever live will eventually be dead.
i wonder who the last person to die will be?

anyway, once someone is dead, then they are not there anymore, how can one care about a dead lifeless body?

balletnerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2012, 11:11 am

No, not really. I wouldnt jump up and down and rejoice either as my preference would be for that person to become less hateful rather than dying.

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2012, 11:33 am

If someone I truly hated died I would think the world became a slightly better place without them in it.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 11:45 am

I like to think I am a very kind and gentle person and I hold no ill will towards anyone but there are about 5 people who I would never help if they were dying for any reason. It's easy to sit in an armchair and say you are stooping to their level but not only did these people do absolutely sadistic and cruel things to me but if I were to save their lives they would take that opportunity to make my life a living hell again. Some people are just pure, 100% evil with no hope of changing.

If I were to hear any of them died, I have to admit I would have hoped it was an agonizing and painful death and I would be much happier. Unfortunately, they are all living successful lives right now and never had to pay anything for what they did to me. Go ahead and call me cruel and heartless, but you have no idea what they did to mess you up life for many, many years. Many of my bullies have changed or expressed remorse and I get along with many of them years later but these 5 still to this day probably think it was my fault for being such a "loser" in school and only leave me alone today because they are cowards and don't have the herd backing them up.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 9:07 pm

I would be happy if someone I truly hate, died. There are very real reasons why I hate the individuals I hate (must not be confused with dislike, or am temporarily angry with), so yes, I would be happy if they dropped dead.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2012, 10:07 pm

Short answer, would I care? No.

There are quite a few people I truly, truly hate, and maybe that's a shame for me, but my heart is kind of black. If they died, and suffered before and on their way out, in many ways I'd think it was nothing more than they deserved.

However I am capable of feeling compassion for people that have hurt me as well, unfortunately. Mostly this is just seen as weakness. Better to have a take-no-prisoners approach I reckon, in this unforgiving world.................................................................

Or maybe that's just totally f****d up. Who knows. All I know is so many people never had any compassion for me when I was being abused or bullied.
I'm more or less done with being nice

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

I admit I have actually fantasised about killing quite a few people, especially people in my family.
Believe me, I have good, good reason for the extent of my anger and hatred.

However, the best revenge is happiness so they say.

Some human beings really are just evil and nasty and selfish and destructive. I'm not one of them. I'm a pure soul who's been pushed to these extremes of emotions. But if I were to kill, I'd make my whole life about that f*****g person/s. I wouldn't count on getting away with murder. I'm not so sure it's worth committing murder. But I do understand why people get pushed over the edge and do that. I've been close (mentally anyway). There's only so much a human being can take, and if life is nothing but harsh on you, of course you'll eventually reach a limit

I just hope they get their comeuppances through living. And I hope they suffer a living hell

Giygas
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Oct 2012, 10:47 pm

I wouldn't be happy or sad if somebody I hated passed away. If it was somebody I truly hated, then I wouldn't bother with them. So if I found out that they also passed away somehow, then it wouldn't be much of my concern. If it was somebody that I loved, then that would obviously be different.

I reckon I would only be happy if the person I knew that died was a tyrant. Preferably they should be incarcerated for life, but either way, I think a lot of people's lives would be happier if that were the case.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 10:49 pm

Cuckooflower wrote:
However I am capable of feeling compassion for people that have hurt me as well, unfortunately. Mostly this is just seen as weakness. Better to have a take-no-prisoners approach I reckon, in this unforgiving world.................................................................

Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like… giving them an extra bullet for their gun because they missed you the first time.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2012, 10:54 pm

I don't hate anyone or not like anyone its not in my personality. I would be sad if they died and I would feel sorry for them. If anything its the other way around people who hate me would love to see me dead and have even told people I had died from a drug overdose and was left in the gutter to die.

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2012, 11:33 pm

Skilpadde wrote:

Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like… giving them an extra bullet for their gun because they missed you the first time.[/quote]

(Sorry, the quote system kinda got the better of me :? )

Yes, precisely. I have made the mistake before, many times. I'm not going to be doing it again.
If ever there was a reason to put boundaries up in the first place, those reasons will remain. And hell you better believe it!

SickInDaHead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Oct 2012, 12:26 am

If my hands were not around their neck when they died then yes I would care.

For having missed the satisfaction.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 12:35 am

I believe that some people are purely evil from the core of their being. They actively attack weak/awkward people when those weak/awkward ones don't actually do any harm. I guess I am not answering the question directly...

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2012, 12:21 pm

Agree and share the sentiment of both you two above.

Oh dear, this has opened up a well of anger in me somewhat!!