Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 5:29 pm

I am wondering if aspies have any particular problems with their teeth. I have always had weak enamel on my teeth, and now I might soon have to get dentures. Could this problem be in anyway related to AS?

Jacob_Landshire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2006, 5:47 pm

Hard to say. I seem to be more susceptible to tooth decay than most people, yet my immediate family is worse off than me and they are NT. If an large survey of Aspergers is ever conducted a dental question would be appropriate.

alex
Developer
Developer

04 May 2006, 5:48 pm

I have perfect teeth.

Seigneur
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2006, 5:50 pm

I have near-perfect teeth, expept that they're stained a bit yellow because I drink so much tea.

Anubis612
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2006, 5:52 pm

The condition of my teeth used to be horrid, but now I am fairly dedicated to my daily dental hygiene. I also received braces last year. I have to admit that I need work on flossing though. It's a pain to do with braces, for me atleast.

flea
Raven
Raven

04 May 2006, 6:10 pm

mine are crooked from years of thumb sucking and a bit yellow beacuse i use all natural toothpaste... i'm allergic to an ingedient found in almost all major toothpaste brands: sorbitol.
i need braces but i dont want to stop sucking my thumb to get them :oops:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 6:27 pm

Mine are slightly Yellow, because of my Tea Addiction, but otherwise, they're perfect.

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 6:50 pm

I guess it's just my lot then to be born with weak enamel, probably not an aspie thing. I used to have yellow teeth from too much tea too, but I had my teeth cleaned at the dentist to go whiter. I HATE going to the dentist. I don't mind the discomfort, it is the DENTISTS that freak me out.

flea
Raven
Raven

04 May 2006, 7:44 pm

i have weak enamal but that's beacuse of reflux

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 7:48 pm

I was lucky to be born with straight teeth.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 8:52 pm

I have good teeth.

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 9:00 pm

Okay, maybe I should qualify my question. Does anyone find that as they approach middle age their teeth are literally falling out? I am having this problem. It sounds gross, doesn't it? Well my mother had to get dentures in early thirties and at least mine have lasted longer than that. So are there any middle aged aspies who are having problems with losing teeth and so on?

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 9:52 pm

I decay easily, but I understand that some folks just have more bacteria build-up in their mouths than others. I keep my teeth very clean and well-flossed because i have implants.

My dentist tells me it's genetic. I'm not sure that there's any reason to associate it with AS.

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2006, 10:49 am

Seigneur wrote:
I have near-perfect teeth, expept that they're stained a bit yellow because I drink so much tea.

as do I, although in my case it's coffee that is staining them.

Sundy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2006, 10:57 am

I have great teeth. No braces, no fillings, and I even have all four wisdom teeth (still). I'll be 26 next month. I love to brush my teeth.

muddlinthrough
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2006, 11:15 am

anandamide wrote:
Okay, maybe I should qualify my question. Does anyone find that as they approach middle age their teeth are literally falling out? I am having this problem. It sounds gross, doesn't it? Well my mother had to get dentures in early thirties and at least mine have lasted longer than that. So are there any middle aged aspies who are having problems with losing teeth and so on?

Had crowded mouth as a kid.My teeth are starting to break,but
1, I eat a lot of whole grain/seed bread.
2) I dont brush /floss as much as I should
3) I drink unflouridated water.
The only possible connection I can think of between AS and tooth enamel
would be that loads of caffeine can encourage calcium depletion-and you might want
to check that, because I'm talking off the top of my head.
P.S. I'm 51