Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

houldsworth1
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Aug 2010, 10:46 pm

I know that I am not a regular around here, but I know that I had posted several posts - certainly enough to qualify me to post links...and then today it shows only one. Does it only count things over a certain amount of time?

Thanks!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 12:29 am

Your profile says you made eight posts and I was able to view them from your profile.

Sionis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Aug 2010, 8:54 am

Its possible your posts were moved to the Global Moderators because it was deemed inappropriate, or the entire thread in which you posted in was moved there for whatever reason.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 9:23 am

I don't know how many posts you think you should have had ("several" is vague), but I show you had 3 posts before yesterday, and 5 before the first post in this thread. (And 8 total, as League_Girl said.)

My recollection is there's a 5 post minimum (in addition to a time period) before being able to post links, so that's probably why you weren't able to post a link.

If it indeed really did show for you that you only had one post, that's strange.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

i've got a similar question. a post i just made has vanished. it was in a thread i know to have been "cleaned up" by a moderator. but shouldn't people be told if a post they made got deleted? assuming the person is not trolling.

i didn't think it was out of line.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 8:20 pm

katzefrau wrote:
i've got a similar question. a post i just made has vanished. it was in a thread i know to have been "cleaned up" by a moderator. but shouldn't people be told if a post they made got deleted? assuming the person is not trolling.

i didn't think it was out of line.

Sometimes posts get removed because the reply they made to no longer exists and it can confuse the members.

In fact I find it annoying when posts get left that were made to posts that got removed. I think why not remove those too?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 8:28 pm

katzefrau, I pm'd you back your original content, which you can decide to put in a new post (parts, at least, as noted in the pm). The main reason for the move was the extensive reference to deleted material.

I don't make a point of emailing everyone involved, no, because of the time factor (moderators are volunteers with lives outside of the planet, remember). You'll get an email if a moderator thinks you need an official warning for what transpired, that is required but if we're just cleaning up and trying to keep the thread making sense, that isn't standard. I will post what I've done directly in the thread and assume that is enough for everyone to figure out what happened; not every mod even does that.

Hope this clears things up.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 8:36 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
katzefrau, I pm'd you back your original content, which you can decide to put in a new post (parts, at least, as noted in the pm). The main reason for the move was the extensive reference to deleted material.

I don't make a point of emailing everyone involved, no, because of the time factor (moderators are volunteers with lives outside of the planet, remember). You'll get an email if a moderator thinks you need an official warning for what transpired, that is required but if we're just cleaning up and trying to keep the thread making sense, that isn't standard. I will post what I've done directly in the thread and assume that is enough for everyone to figure out what happened; not every mod even does that.

Hope this clears things up.

yes thanks.

i PMd you back but i didn't read this first to realize that's sometimes done for clarity (response to deleted posts).