How do you learn about love and relations?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 2:26 pm

NOT from the media, movies or books. They are idealized forms of love and are unattainable in reality. I learned this the hard way by thinking that the chubby girl can find love. I was mistaken.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 6:38 pm

Erisad wrote:
I learned this the hard way by thinking that the chubby girl can find love. I was mistaken.

They can. Anyone who thinks otherwise is buying into a bunch of nonsense.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 6:58 pm

Blasty wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I learned this the hard way by thinking that the chubby girl can find love. I was mistaken.

They can. Anyone who thinks otherwise is buying into a bunch of nonsense.

Then apparently I'm experiencing nonsense because it's true for me. D:

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 6:58 pm

chubby chasers!

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 7:06 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
chubby chasers!

Dated one. Read my post in this thread and you may see why I'd be hesitant to date another one. I know not all of them would be like him but still. I'd like someone to accept my figure, not idolize it. That'd be creepy.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/posts122397-start30.html

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 7:26 pm

why settle for acceptance when you can have idolisation lol
although ya, its probably not the best of ideas to go out with someone whos main attraction to you is your figure. jus saying- 'chubby' doesnt mean unlovable like you said

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 7:31 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
why settle for acceptance when you can have idolisation lol
although ya, its probably not the best of ideas to go out with someone whos main attraction to you is your figure. jus saying- 'chubby' doesnt mean unlovable like you said

People keep saying this but until I have proof that I'm lovable, I won't believe it. Yes, it's a pain in the ass but oh well.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 7:35 pm

you have your own thread- the people love you

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 8:00 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
you have your own thread- the people love you

That thing in the Haven? Online love doesn't equate to love in real life.

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 8:03 pm

A friend at school filled me in on the details and he was pretty accurate too. I'm asexual so I was quite old before I knew how babies were made. I was shocked mostly because I'd already done that with a bossy girlfriend.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

i pm-ed yo ass

& n4mwd i think my brother told me how babies were made. i dont remember him telling me but i remember me announcing to my mum that i knew what sex was lol

Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 9:36 pm

leejosepho wrote:
Along with occasionally being some kind of "warm and fuzzy" feeling, love is an act (or love is evidenced by acts) of one's will ... and healthy relationships between people are built on willful acts of love.

Some people only see others as pets or playthings to be placated in order to get things from them, and they try to pass those actions off as good things (love). But in the end, of course, the other person had only been given trinkets in return for his or her own soul.

Avoid doing that or having that done to you, and things will likely go well.

Can you be more specific about acts of love?

I own a few stuffed animals for nearly 30 years. That is the closest understanding of love I have.

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 8:28 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
i pm-ed yo ass

& n4mwd i think my brother told me how babies were made. i dont remember him telling me but i remember me announcing to my mum that i knew what sex was lol

I didn't get any PM's from you.

In my early years, I used to have GF's all the time. I just thought of them as good friends and wasn't interested in them sexually because I'm asexual (but didn't know what that was back then). Back then I was passive and submissive and basically a "Yes maam" kind of guy. In other words, I did what they told me to without question. One particular GF made me kiss her and do sexual things with her. One time she even showed me off to one of her GFs by making me strip in front of them both.

So yeah, when I found out years later what I'd done I was definitely a bit shocked.

I can totally understand how girls can get pregnant because they didn't know what they were doing. Because of my experiences, I am a big supporter of sex ed in schools starting in kindergarten.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 9:19 am

n4mwd wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:
i pm-ed yo ass

I didn't get any PM's from you.

In my early years, I used to have GF's all the time. I just thought of them as good friends and wasn't interested in them sexually because I'm asexual (but didn't know what that was back then). Back then I was passive and submissive and basically a "Yes maam" kind of guy. In other words, I did what they told me to without question. One particular GF made me kiss her and do sexual things with her. One time she even showed me off to one of her GFs by making me strip in front of them both.

So yeah, when I found out years later what I'd done I was definitely a bit shocked.

I can totally understand how girls can get pregnant because they didn't know what they were doing. Because of my experiences, I am a big supporter of sex ed in schools starting in kindergarten.

She PMed me. Lol.

Kindergarten? Hell no! If that would happen, little kindergarten girls could end up raped by first graders. D:

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 9:50 am

@n4mwd I'm wondering if you were asexual how did you even get an erection to participate with your GFs?