Hummingbird

17 Aug 2010, 1:17 am

http://woip.blogspot.com/2008/01/pill-t ... utism.html
Take a read, let me know your opinion.

Thomas246
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2010, 1:21 am

I am highly suspicious as to it's authenticity.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 8:25 am

I'm happy, the way that I am. Besides, I don't need drugs, to fit in. My brain is wired the way that it is, for a reason.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 9:27 am

Autism does not work that way. The researchers are just drugging the mice into a stupor.
http://www.pnas.org/content/105/5/1710.abstract

frag
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 5:28 pm

I think there are ways of reaching lower latent inhibition (that I assume is necessary for autism and being detail oriented) by using drugs or meditation. When people meditate they don't get used to sounds, they hear them the same every time. It's attributed to low latent inhibition.

I know I can go from a rather weak autopilot (take in much impression, feel visually overwhelmed), get ambivalent, feel my movements are chopped up, things brought to consciousness that can also be done subconscious. To where I function better, don't get stressed so easily, have a better flow. I sure wish there was a pill for it. If there was, I'm not sure exactly what it would do and how much it would change me.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 10:04 pm

Uh. No. Experimenting on mice to induce Autism? In mice? No. Sorry. Not buying it. Those dudes don't get it. There is NO possible way to know that what they are inducing in mice is anything remotely similar to Autism. The nearest word used, was on the site Mudboy cited. That word was REMINISCENT. Well, that's not hardly close enough for me to be buying any of this.

Just read the symptoms of Autism. Look at what it takes to get a diagnosis. Would a mouse rather go to a movie or a museum? Come on man! I don't know how anyone could take this seriously.

Alright, I'm fine with mice being used to test drugs that might be used for Autism, though I wouldn't take any drugs for it, but at least I understand that. This though, is just ludicrous as far as I'm concerned.

When they find some mice that can answer the questionnaires I just filled out, then maybe I'll buy it.

Not holding my breath...

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Kai_Bliss
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2010, 11:52 pm

adhd meds to me were enough....

frag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 12:19 pm

What happened when you took ADHD meds?

Kai_Bliss
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2010, 12:42 am

concerta and vyvanse makes me a zombie, i feel like i get too deep in myself, and it gives me the attention span to have OCD. :(

Kai_Bliss
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2010, 12:56 am

Found this

I'd certainly like to be ABLE to risk taking a bunch of the pills the FDA blocks.... If I had, say, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes... Ya know... those totally uncommon conditions (/sarc) that they have incredibly ground breaking, if not curative treatments for, that the FDA is still blocking. (meanwhile letting through the stuff that has lobbyists - like risky weight loss supplements and anti-aging creams.)
However, in America, humans don't own their own bodies... You cannot ingest what you want, be it certain foods, or certain drugs, you cannot choose to die when you are in agonizing pain, you can't sell your non-vital (or even your vital) organs. It's all done with the intention of being humane, but in reality it is arrogant religious pseudo-morality that legislates virtue in an extremely oxymoronic fashion. It kills millions every year, and adds to a system of aggressive force that goes against the wills of the hundreds of thousands that oppose this draconian system on one issue or another.
Welcome to the land of the free... We're only likely to see this hit the market one of two ways
If it hits the black market
or
If the education system finds that it would be a good idea to somehow force as many children as they can get to take this during math class (while taking paybacks from the pharmaceutical companies for doing so, like they do with Ritalin)

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2010, 3:48 am

Recreational autism?! :lol:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 11:01 am

Wannabes :P

I can just imagine teenagers, in 20 years, taking drugs that make them autistic :lol:

"Oi, I got an ounce of autism" :wink:

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 1:55 am

I wonder what happens when you take an extremely diluted version of this drug :?: :D

Kai_Bliss
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Aug 2010, 12:34 am

If this becomes available within a couple years or so, I'm gonna give it a go.

JadedMantis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2010, 9:36 am

Pseudeos wrote:
Recreational autism?! :lol:

Hmmm, so does that make me [us] Obelix?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oeTc7R4IEc&feature=related
"No, you can't have any of the magic potion because you fell in as a baby..."

DarkestShadow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Sep 2010, 3:39 pm

i don't want a cure, my Brain the way it is gives me intellect superior to everybody in my class