Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Galt1957
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2010, 1:40 am

Anyone else a big fan? I can't wait for his new CD; hopefully it will be out later this year.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 7:49 am

I love this guy! His music cracks me up, every time that I listen to him. 8) :lol:

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 8:54 am

he is awsome!! !! !! !! !! !!

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 9:06 am

I love his music too, especially the christmas songs and other comedy/novelty ones. does a great job at it too

top song I like that he did, ebay ([singing: .....a used, pink bath robe....a rare... mint snow globe a smurf,, TV tray, that i got on ebay.......)

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 11:07 am

It's hard work and sacrifice living in an amish paradise.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 11:08 am

Weird Al is hilarious, I actually prefer a lot of his songs to the originals :P

Galt1957
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2010, 3:19 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Weird Al is hilarious, I actually prefer a lot of his songs to the originals :P
Me too. I love the eBay song as well, and his Michael Jackson parodies are classic. I love how he even parodies the music videos of the originals. One of my other favorites of his is Albuquerque. It might be a bit lesser known than the others, but it's great. Also, his Star Wars songs are awesome (Yoda and The Saga Begins, parodies of Lola and American Pie, respectively).

Jinx_fxdi
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2010, 4:06 pm

I wonder if he is AS. He has a very uncanny knack for picking songs apart and reworking them into works of comedic art. I have also heard that he does not associate with people very much. Has anyone seen him live? I don't think I have heard of any concerts he has done, but then again, I don't get out much.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 4:14 pm

Jinx_fxdi wrote:
I wonder if he is AS. He has a very uncanny knack for picking songs apart and reworking them into works of comedic art. I have also heard that he does not associate with people very much. Has anyone seen him live? I don't think I have heard of any concerts he has done, but then again, I don't get out much.

lol I'm pretty good at it too so I wouldn't be surprised. I've done s**t like
Seize The Day by Avenged Sevenfold to "Seize The Gay" a song about a gay guy who just got broke up with and is afraid homophobes are going to kill him

See You At The Show by Nickelback to "See You At The Strip" a song about drag racing :lol:

Among other ones I'm not thinking about, I usually do them on the spot in real time often at the expense of whoever is in my passenger seat (hey don't make fun of Radiohead!)

Capper7
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2010, 9:23 pm

I marvel that he has a career based on listening to Song A (the original song) and turning it into Song B (his parody). I try to go back and forth between the two when I hear one. And the fact that he can still get away with polka style songs in this day and age is another feat to his credit. Some people might think he's a bit too goofy, but he's some kind of genius to me. Look no farther then his style parody of Bob Dylan called "Bob". Every line in the song is a palindrome and the song has a rhyme scheme to boot. I couldn't stop laughing when I first watched the music video based on Dylan's "Subteranean Homesick Blues".

I MAN AM REGAL. A GERMAN AM I.
NEVER ODD OR EVEN.
IF I HAD A HI-FI.
MADAM I'M ADAM.
TOO HOT TO HOOT.
NO LEMONS, NO MELON.
TOO BAD I HID A BOOT.
LISA BONET ATE NO BASIL.
WARSAW WAS RAW.
WAS IT A CAR OR A CAT I SAW?

Galt1957
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2010, 11:08 pm

Capper7 wrote:
I marvel that he has a career based on listening to Song A (the original song) and turning it into Song B (his parody). I try to go back and forth between the two when I hear one. And the fact that he can still get away with polka style songs in this day and age is another feat to his credit. Some people might think he's a bit too goofy, but he's some kind of genius to me. Look no farther then his style parody of Bob Dylan called "Bob". Every line in the song is a palindrome and the song has a rhyme scheme to boot. I couldn't stop laughing when I first watched the music video based on Dylan's "Subteranean Homesick Blues".

I MAN AM REGAL. A GERMAN AM I.
NEVER ODD OR EVEN.
IF I HAD A HI-FI.
MADAM I'M ADAM.
TOO HOT TO HOOT.
NO LEMONS, NO MELON.
TOO BAD I HID A BOOT.
LISA BONET ATE NO BASIL.
WARSAW WAS RAW.
WAS IT A CAR OR A CAT I SAW?
Yes, that song is awesome! I can't believe he came up with/found so many palindromes.

Also, in response to Jinx_fxdi, Al is on tour right now, and actually came to my state, but unfortunately I couldn't make it to the show.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Aug 2010, 1:54 am

I'm a huge Al fan. He's the rezone I started liking comedy music witch is a big obsession for me rite now. Al also inspired lots of comedy artist. I have all of Al's CDs(I pirated em but I do plan on buying some cuz the quality on some songs isn't great but I don't have a lot of money & I did buy Al's "Peter & The Wolf" CD on eBay a couple years ago cuz I couldn't pirate it & I also bought The Weird Al Show on DVD & his UHF movie) I also have some of the songs he never released on his CDs but wer on CDs for other stuff.
Songs not on his CDs :arrow:

Homer & Marge~ it was from his 1st appearance on The Simpsons & it was on one of the Simpsons CDs
Headline News~ on his TV album but not on his other CDs
It's Still Billy Joel to Me~ think he performed in live on a few places & on Dr Demento
I Need a Nap~ it's a song he sang with Kate Winslet on some CD thing called DogTunes; I'm not really sure what DogTunes was
Polkamon~ on Pokemon soundtrack
Spy Hard~ it was in that movie & on soundtrack
You're Pitiful~ James Blunt parody that he couldn't release on CD cuz James record label did not approve so Al decided to release it on his site instead

I know there's other songs that he only performed at concerts but if there's something else he did on other CDs that I'm missing; let me know

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 7:15 am

I like some of the songs he makes, some are quite funny.

Best thing was that "UHF" movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098546/

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

I'd like the watch "Weird: The Al Yankovic Story". It's a fake trailer http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3231da ... ovic-story

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2010, 10:23 pm

I like his music. Every now and then I sing along to: "What I bought on Ebay"

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 7:31 am

I absolutely LOVE Weird Al. I'm a wannabe....I pick apart songs too and write..er...alternate lyrics for them :)

My fave songs are "Pancreas" and "Midnight Star".

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu