Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2010, 5:57 am

Does anyone play it here?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 2:08 pm

I played the original SNES game back in the day and enjoyed it a whole lot, but I never got around to playing any of the newer ones.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2010, 5:39 pm

That's too bad. The new ones are fun. I only got to play a few old ones.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 5:50 pm

I love Harvest Moon!

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 1:44 pm

I would so play this game if it was on the PC without emulation or having to learn japanese

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 7:22 am

Animal Crossing was somewhat similar, and in my opinion, more enjoyable.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 9:11 am

The Harvest Moon games are good when I need to relax a bit. :)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 12:39 pm

Helixstein wrote:

You don't get to marry anyone in Animal Crossing, though :cry:

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 1:05 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Helixstein wrote:

You don't get to marry anyone in Animal Crossing, though :cry:

Valid point, but I do not see this as important in a game!

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 4:48 pm

Oh my gosh. Former addiction. Must resist.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2010, 6:17 pm

I don't think Animal Crossing was better because there's not much to do in it. Then again after you get married and your kid is grown up you're just like "Well, what do I do now?"

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 6:50 pm

Just acquired a copy of Harvest Moon: a Wonderful Life for the GameCube and I'm having trouble understanding how to get from milking the cow to producing/selling the milk. Every time I take the milk to the dairy storage bin, I get a message saying the milker is in the wrong place.

What am I doing wrong?

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2011, 7:37 pm

BriannaBee wrote:
I don't think Animal Crossing was better because there's not much to do in it. Then again after you get married and your kid is grown up you're just like "Well, what do I do now?"

Agreed and agreed. I actually cheated at Animal Crossing with one of those cheat discs because I just didn't really get the point of it. But to each his own. : D

(Also, high five! I am currently obsessed with Homestuck too. Burnt through the archives in a matter of days. @_@ My favorite is Karkat.)

To EnglishInvader: I think that maybe what you're doing wrong is that you need to sell the milk like you would any other product. The milker is a device that you get late, late in the game that can turn milk into cheese (I think). If you just got the game, you shouldn't be anywhere near that stage. But if you're getting the milk from the cow, you're doing everything up to that point right, you're just taking it to the wrong place. You're looking for the shipping bin, not the storage bin.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2011, 11:48 pm

mori_pastel wrote:
(Also, high five! I am currently obsessed with Homestuck too. Burnt through the archives in a matter of days. @_@ My favorite is Karkat.)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2gt3qer.png That would be me when I read this. *high five* Wow, that is a LOT of reading in a matter of days. I like Terezi best out of the trolls.

I cheated in Animal Crossing too. Heh... The milker in A Wonderful Life you get in the beginning I think you're thinking of the processing room. I don't quite understand what they're asking though.

You could always just sell it in town though.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2011, 12:30 am

BriannaBee wrote:
mori_pastel wrote:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2gt3qer.png That would be me when I read this. *high five* Wow, that is a LOT of reading in a matter of days. I like Terezi best out of the trolls.

I cheated in Animal Crossing too. Heh... The milker in A Wonderful Life you get in the beginning I think you're thinking of the processing room. I don't quite understand what they're asking though.

You could always just sell it in town though.

It was an incredibly unproductive week. ^_^; I just couldn't stop thinking about it! We even got some really severe thunderstorms/tornadoes in my area one night (like, people DIED bad) and while my whole family was freaking out I was just like "Can't you people see I'm reading?! Jeeze!"

Terezi is pretty darn awesome too, but I've got to admit, I'm surprised she's your favorite. (Have you seen the 5/14 update yet? This showdown promises to be sweet. Can't wait to see what happens! Unless somebody else dies. Then I'll just cry. T_T) Actually, there's not a single main character in that whole comic (thing) that isn't made of pure awesome in my opinion, including the humans. Except Eridan. >: (

Oh, snap, sorry. That's right. I mixed up A Wonderful Life with another title. I haven't played much of that one. The whole "water more than once a day" thing just wasn't for me. I like my grids of illogically growing crops, thanks. Maybe this is just me, but I really hate any changes to the familiar gameplay formula. I tried picking up one of the Wii versions and was just like "What the heck is this game?" If they want to change stuff, they should just give us more cute new characters. I mean, Harvest Moon is a game that kind of markets on monotony, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. But maybe I'm just too nostalgic for the N64 vers.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2011, 12:49 am

mori_pastel wrote:
It was an incredibly unproductive week. ^_^; I just couldn't stop thinking about it! We even got some really severe thunderstorms/tornadoes in my area one night (like, people DIED bad) and while my whole family was freaking out I was just like "Can't you people see I'm reading?! Jeeze!"

Terezi is pretty darn awesome too, but I've got to admit, I'm surprised she's your favorite. (Have you seen the 5/14 update yet? This showdown promises to be sweet. Can't wait to see what happens! Unless somebody else dies. Then I'll just cry. T_T) Actually, there's not a single main character in that whole comic (thing) that isn't made of pure awesome in my opinion, including the humans. Except Eridan. >: (

Oh, snap, sorry. That's right. I mixed up A Wonderful Life with another title. I haven't played much of that one. The whole "water more than once a day" thing just wasn't for me. I like my grids of illogically growing crops, thanks. Maybe this is just me, but I really hate any changes to the familiar gameplay formula. I tried picking up one of the Wii versions and was just like "What the heck is this game?" If they want to change stuff, they should just give us more cute new characters. I mean, Harvest Moon is a game that kind of markets on monotony, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. But maybe I'm just too nostalgic for the N64 vers.

Yeah I know what you mean. When I tried to go to sleep I'd be thinking about nonstop. Oh my. Nice job staying calm there haha.

Why are you surprised? I like how she's kinda silly but can be very serious when the situation calls for it. Yeah, I've watched it two times cause I missed some of what they said. (Glitchiness ahhh.) I know! I've been both excited and nervous since Terezi fell down into that room with Gamzee. Gamzee seems to want to use her to kill Vriska though so I think she's safe... From him. But it also looks like Vriska and Terezi won't be having a showdown. Seeing Gamzee with those heads was disturbing. (NEPETA. ;_;) It made me realize exactly how messed up he is. I agree. Eridan's a jerk. >:o But everyone else is pretty awesome.

Ah, yeah, I still watered my plants every time I saw them dry though. Tedious task but meh. A Wonderful Life was kind of boring. I think they just want to move forward cause otherwise their games might not sell. I like the ones for the wii but really only when using the classic controller. Harvest Moon games are pretty much all the same even though they have different plots and marriage options. Same basic thing though: Farm, get married, care for animals, have a kid, befriend townsfolk, save the town/Harvest Goddess/market/whatever.