Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 12:34 am

Simple thread. Simple question.

Are you sexist?

Be honest.

I can be sexist based on the way i've been treated by men, and I don't understand the huge obsession with getting laid. But the difference between that and some of the guys here is the fact I realise that not all men are scumbags or out to get me.

I also recognise that its me with the problem, not the majority of men, unlike ome guys here who just blame women for all their problems.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 12:46 am

I don't find either sex inferior, but I do believe that they have their respective strengths and weaknesses. Some might think that makes me sexist, but I don't. We need to be different in some ways.

I agree with your observations about some men on this forum. I do see lots of guys showing negativity toward women, when the real problem is just that they haven't figured out that sitting on the computer all day and complaining doesn't get dates, or that their one and only failed attempt is no way to gauge how dating works. That never made sense to me.

Last edited by Blasty on 29 Aug 2010, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 12:49 am

I would like to say that I am sexist because it would offend politically correct people, but I don't think I can honestly say that I am sexist. I am more of a misanthropist.

So the answer is no.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 1:04 am

I used to avoid these labels like the plague because of the way they are blown out of proportion. I am a racist, a sexist and in all other ways discriminatory.

I do not outright attack members of the other sex, nor my own sex. I do have negative expectations and rightly so. As long as people do not treat me or other people with disrespect my judgmental as*hole ways will remain transparent to them.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 1:16 am

No.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 1:52 am

I guess I am because I know there are differences in male and female which isn't only physical. Each sex is different so each follow a different plan.

One way I'm sexist is how I pick instructors in college. I never pick the female ones because I generally don't get the same out of the courses as I would a male. Some could say it's preference, but because it is based on sex, it's automatically sexist.

When I was a salesman, if I had a choice to help out a man or women with no difference in the scenario besides sex, I'd go for the man first, because I found out that the women are more reluctant or indecisive when buying product, so I had a better chance of making my commission from the men.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 2:13 am

Over the complaints of politically correct liers, we all are.

We do not hold the same expectations of the other sexes. They feel the same about us.

I have been talking to the guy at the hardware for years, if I do the same with the girl at the supermarket, it is called flirting, or worse.

Life at work is not clear, for while there is the function that we get paid for, who is having sex with whom has a lot to do with what happens. This hidden agenda is impossible to ignore.

I find the worst to be the public version, such as people I do not know, so no chance of ever having sex with, who seek to condem something, that they were not involved in, I was not involved in, under some universal banner, but I missed the election, and that would never pass.

If a guy I knew called me and said he had a flat tire, I would expect him to be late, if a girl I knew did the same, I would ask where she was, and go. That is Sexism.

If I find out the girl I am living with has four other guys she visits while I am at work, that will change my opinion of her.

If I find that the woman I say good morning to is telling people that I am hitting on her, stalking her, and am a rapist nazi, that too will change my opinon.

Until we can remove all sexual behavior from the world, we have to deal with it, and that is Sexism.

It is not all bad, but it still takes treating females of all ages like females. Females demand Sexism.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 2:14 am

I'm 'individualist'.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 4:03 am

No, I would prefer a more matriarchal society and leadership

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 5:07 am

Im Sexist towards my own gender, Based on the fact that whilst I am generally Sexless. Im Always seeing other men act like perverts and it pisses me of because it means people will probably think im a pervert. And then theres the people who blame AUTISM for there perversions and that angers me even more.

I think men need to realise that they suck. and that it wont be until they take active action towards stopping Sexual Crime and Domestic Violence that i will be happy with them :x

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 5:38 am

I have often observed that men and women have these misconceptions about one another and like to rip on each other for their gender. However. I don't think this is a male or a female thing - it's just that we, as a society, have brainwashed ourselves into believing the crap that we spew about men being scum and that wimmens belong in the kitchen, etc. The truth is that humans all have the capacity to be scum no matter who you are, what you are, what you believe or what you do.

just-lou
Toucan
Toucan

29 Aug 2010, 6:41 am

Honestly, I sometimes think I'm a bit of a misogynist, but I suspect that is due to inherent sexism in my prevailing culture influencing my perceptions - them making women out to be weak, stupid, sexually manipulative, frivolous and worthless.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 6:52 am

I'm not sexist, and I feel that the members of each gender can be how they wish. If a man wants to grow his hair, he can. If a larger woman doesn't want to lose weight and be slim all over, she shouldn't have to.

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 6:59 am

I a bit of a misogynist, but I don't express it outwardly. Its a combination of past personal experiences and what I often observe about the strange nature of women . . . how they seem to engage in more social behaviors and make frivolous choices. To be fair, I resent similar behaviors among gay men (I myself am a gay man) . . . those attributes I consider more feminine . . . but I also consider that part of misogyny though not sexism.

I resent my misogyny, for it serves me no purpose and actually hinders fostering relationships with women as I tend to avoid them which allows my perceptions to continue. If hate is based in fear then this progression is fairly logical. I would prefer not to feel this way, but I can only control my actions.

I do not act against women, nor speak against them . . . I like and respect many women in my life, but I judge them on a case by case basis and my automatics judgments are skewed towards "dislike." I judge them the same as I judge men . . . and yet women are more likely to engage in certain behaviors I find foreign or even distasteful. This happens statistically.

I also hate hypermasculine aggression and other extreme displays of masculinity. So one could argue that perhaps I am adding gender labels to certain behaviors that aren't necessary, and that is sexist.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 7:01 am

Not consciously, and that's good enough for me.

The year is still young.

primaloath
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2010, 7:10 am

Leaving men out of the picture, my experiences have shown that, unlike myself, many women are deceitful, manipulative, callous and exploitative, in whatever pursuits they carry out. It's not a matter of dating so much as a matter of overall outlook on life, goals and responses to the suffering of others. I have met some that were obviously rotten, a few over whom I have doubts and very few whom I consider good. Striving to be good, I cannot respect the former category. I am not sure whether that constitutes misogyny.

That said, I have also met many men who fit the above description. I suspect I'll become a misanthrope eventually...

I do realize I have defects myself. That said, I judge people on the basis of how they interact with everyone, not just myself, so I do not use my defects as a way to explain away theirs.

hale_bopp, what exactly are the problems you describe in your post?