Better to get advice from opposite sex or same sex?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Is it better to get dating advice from
The same sex 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
The opposite sex 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Hermaphrodites 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Those reptilian creature thingys that write books about being a 'player' 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cosmopolitan magazine 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
All advice received by another human being is s**t 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 14

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 9:23 am

*shrug* I'd get advice from someone who has similar issues that I do who has/had success in the dating world. Gender doesn't really matter to me in this case. It may make a minor difference but I don't know. I usually get the "just be yourself" stuff and while it's nice and all, it doesn't really help me improve. *shrug*

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 10:21 am

The best advice comes from people who may be of either sex but who don't identify themselves as either gender, and who have a good understanding of people in general. I know two people like this, one of them happens to be a male and the other a female.

I guess advice from people who do have a gender identity and believe in gender stereotypes can work (most of the people I know are married, after all, and keep on doing the mars vs. venus thing their whole lives), but I've found those people's worldview to be shallow and annoying, personally. If you don't have any problem with that, good for you.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 11:42 am

How about a bit of both and interpolating the results.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Sep 2010, 2:58 pm

The advice I get from the opposite sex is bad because women think I'm a good guy but they never have any interest in me. They tell me to keep being myself & to cheer up because I will find someone. That advice seems like a crock of bull to me because if I was such a great person; they would be interested in me. I want REAL advice instead of feel good stuff that never helps :evil:
The advice I get from other guys is pretty bad to cuz the guys who are like me are alone & having problems getting women as well so it doesn't seem like their advice works for em. The guys who are successful are very different from me so their advice will not apply to me cuz we are so very different.
I think I would be better off listening to myself instead

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 3:23 pm

It depends on kind of thing you specifically want advice on. For instance, you may get better advice from a man if you want advice on how to ask a girl out on a date whereas you may get better advice from a woman if you want to understand the feelings of a women or why she behaves the way she does.