Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2010, 9:03 pm

I say this again and again, if you ever work out your bootloader problems leejosepho, write a detailed summary and stuff for future reference and for people like me who end up making apps.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 9:57 pm

Well, that is one reason I keep coming back here with "updates" as to how things are going. It would take some work to dig out and sort all the posts, but at least many things are already documented somewhere!

Note: This is my first post with my final installation of Mint 9, and right now I am looking at one of the nicest and sharpest screens these old eyes have ever seen!

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2010, 10:18 pm

I use Arch Linux personally. I'm pretty minimalist, I have OpenBox and a small panel that barely covers what I need to do. Overall, it works great.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 11:58 am

leejosepho wrote:
Science_Guy wrote:
Super GRUB reinstalls GRUB so when you start up your computer there will be a list of operating systems for you to choose from. That's how I fixed it.

Okay, so SuperGRUB made a loader for your Mint and then added Win7 to its "menu.lst", correct?

I have yet to figure out how to get that done, but SuperGRUB just let me just go directly to Mint's \boot and manually start Mint from there ... so I will just do that until I know exactly what to do. All systems are working now, and re-installations are wearing me out!

Yes. When I booted up my PC with the disc I selected an install option. It then installed GRUB and after when I started up my computer I could choose to start Ubuntu or Windows 7.