Post something that made you happy today.

Page 1259 of 2066 [ 33046 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261, 1262 ... 2066  Next

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 8:42 pm

i came to brasilia and I LOVE this city!! ! despite being too hot
my hotel is very nice too

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 8:44 pm

I heard Brasilia is very nice.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 10:14 pm

I walked again, I did a big hop :P :heart: There is bad news, I got a crush on my physical therapy, he been toooo nice to me, he danced some, he makes me laugh & smile. On Tuesday, I did great, I stayed in the wheelchair for 3 hours, when I went back to bed, other therapists put me back to bed, my physical therapy went home. I can easily get in & out of the wheelchair, I can stand up with my boot. On Tuesday, I got in bed easy, I got both legs on the bed with my boot on. Today, I walked & then I played Uno with my physical therapy & another therapy, I had to stand up to play, my physical therapy was next to me so I would not fall, I won, I beat two guys, my physical therapy was a sore loser. After my physical therapy, I stayed in the wheelchair, it felt great, I was in the wheelchair for 2 hours, I felt free to go anywhere I want, later I went to the physical therapy room, my physical therapy wanted to play UNO again, it was one on one, he won, we played again, I won.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 10:18 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I walked again, I did a big hop :P :heart: There is bad news, I got a crush on my physical therapy, he been toooo nice to me, he danced some, he makes me laugh & smile. On Tuesday, I did great, I stayed in the wheelchair for 3 hours, when I went back to bed, other therapists put me back to bed, my physical therapy went home. I can easily get in & out of the wheelchair, I can stand up with my boot. On Tuesday, I got in bed easy, I got both legs on the bed with my boot on. Today, I walked & then I played Uno with my physical therapy & another therapy, I had to stand up to play, my physical therapy was next to me so I would not fall, I won, I beat two guys, my physical therapy was a sore loser. After my physical therapy, I stayed in the wheelchair, it felt great, I was in the wheelchair for 2 hours, I felt free to go anywhere I want, later I went to the physical therapy room, my physical therapy wanted to play UNO again, it was one on one, he won, we played again, I won.

I'm so happy to hear you happy, Kitty! Congrats on the improvements you've made!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 10:25 pm

Magna wrote:
Last night it was cold enough in the house that we decided to make a crackling fire in the wood stove. The soothing radiant heat is glorious.

Today it will be blustery 52 degrees (11 Celsius). So, also for the first time this season, I get to wear my black merino wool t-shirt and one of my wool shirts! Trust me, I'm excited. Fall is my favorite season by far.

WOW that sounds phenom!
PS I still haven't gone shopping, but I'll let you know! Probably Monday! Thanks again, Magna, and enjoy the weather. It's cool here too and I'm thrilled.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 11:20 pm

I watched Yuzuru Hanyu skate his first performance of the season! I'm excited to see what else he accomplishes. ^_^

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 11:24 pm

reticent jaeger posted.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 1:43 am

I had totally undramatic, efficient BMs today :mrgreen:

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 1:44 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
reticent jaeger posted.

Awwwww. This warmed my heart! :D

Fuzzyair
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2018, 2:34 am

I listened to my HiFi this morning :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 2:36 am

Fuzzyair wrote:

i'm very curious about your hifi, if you don't mind :dj:

Fuzzyair
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2018, 4:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
Fuzzyair wrote:

Of course! What would you like to know? :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 5:16 am

Fuzzyair wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Fuzzyair wrote:

like what it is made of, component-wise? if you are curious, I presently use a pair of Thiel CS.5 speakers [nothing images like them other than magnapans]. the rest of my audio stuff are fairly undistinguished - a late 80s JVC stereo amp, and an old Sherwood amp I use for the rear channels driving a 1974 pair of Radio shack 8" 2-ways just to get a wash of ambience in the rear half of the room- and a toy CD player I got from "ToysRus" a few decades back. I use a different set-up to digitize phonographic and tape recordings, of somewhat higher quality except for the speakers.

Fuzzyair
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2018, 5:38 am

auntblabby wrote:
Fuzzyair wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Fuzzyair wrote:

like what it is made of, component-wise? if you are curious, I presently use a pair of Thiel CS.5 speakers [nothing images like them other than magnapans]. the rest of my audio stuff are fairly undistinguished - a late 80s JVC stereo amp, and an old Sherwood amp I use for the rear channels driving a 1974 pair of Radio shack 8" 2-ways just to get a wash of ambience in the rear half of the room- and a toy CD player I got from "ToysRus" a few decades back. I use a different set-up to digitize phonographic and tape recordings, of somewhat higher quality except for the speakers.

Aw cool, that sounds like one awesome stereo system! My brother James used to have a JVC stereo amp as well :)

The speakers I use are bose speakers, they sound absolutely awesome and really make you feel like you're watching the music live! They connect to an amplifier which connects to the HiFi giving it that extra bit of sound. My HiFi is a ferguson late 80s I think, and mostly is one unit, it has orange LCD display and view meters, all of which luckily works well. It has a tape to tape recorder which also works well, though sadly it lacks noise reduction when recording the tapes. The heads in the tape player are all good and more often or not is playing Octopus by Human Legaue which originally came from my Dad's Senator tape player.

Also part of the system is a Ferguson CD deck, this works really well and replaced the original this year when the original sadly died. It's a great CD player but unfortunately the display is green unlike the original that was orange. But overall the whole system is awesome and I will try to keep it working for as long as possible :)

Also, really happy now as I've just heard from my Gran who's been away on holiday! :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 7:06 am

^^^^ :wtg:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 8:21 am

I am going out for coffee in about an hour.