Post something that made you happy today.

Page 1243 of 2062 [ 32986 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1240, 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246 ... 2062  Next

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 2:43 pm

What? No. It was a gift to me even more than to them :-)

I was looking for a different .gif to celebrate your meeting of the minds moment, and that's what it was, yeah! but this was just too damn cute to pass up.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 4:33 pm

My family and I being giddy with glee after reading news about Trump dropping plans for his military parade.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 5:28 pm

In and out of the hair salon in just under 2.5 hours. Depending how I look at it, this could be my unhappy post too.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 8:09 pm

The WWE Superstar fashion doll I ordered arrived from Amazon today, and I had only ordered it on Monday. Actually, I have no interest in the WWE Superstars at all, I only got one because I saw a MyFroggyStuff video on YouTube on how to customize them into The Sims, complete with a plum bob headband. I'm making my doll into Bella Goth, and she looks really good so far. :D

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:00 pm

Had my hair done today and it looks nice

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 9:17 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
I have a new ceiling fan! and the guy who installed it for me has a teenage son who sometimes tags along when school is out. He asked if it was OK for his son to come along, and I said he was welcome. Dad has helped me before, previously told me Son has some special needs (ADHD) and can be a bit talkative, so he asked if I was sure it was OK; I said fine no bother.

We got along like a house on fire, the young man isn't just ADHD, he's ASD, we just sat at the kitchen island and chatted away about all kinds of stuff without worrying about eye contact, while Dad did his thing in total astonishment. Kid got happier and happier. Apparently this doesn't happen very often for him, which is a shame. My house is very quiet, because I have ASD myself, and I use dabs of mint oil on paper towels to keep my inside wastebaskets fresh, which isn't overwhelming but is pleasant. The young man felt really at ease and not at all overloaded.

No, I didn't disclose, I don't know them well enough, but I did tell them both that Son is welcome to tag along with Dad any time they need to. I'm about the same age as his grandmothers, and that was the type of interaction we had. Very nice surprise in what's otherwise been a kind of sucky week, and I was glad to make a fellow Aspie feel welcome and heard. Even if he doesn't know I'm in the tribe :-).

That is so awesome!!

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 7:19 pm

I’m getting better,yesterday physical therapy went great, I almost lost feeling in my good foot, I could not stand on it. I can feel some feelings in my foot yesterday, I stand up on that foot for a few minutes.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 9:21 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m getting better,yesterday physical therapy went great, I almost lost feeling in my good foot, I could not stand on it. I can feel some feelings in my foot yesterday, I stand up on that foot for a few minutes.

that's great.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 9:28 am

^^ This is really encouraging news, Kitty! :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 9:34 am

I keep my fingers crossed for your quick recovery Kitty :heart:

What makes me happy today is the ongoing project of making a home made camp area for outdoor cooking, playing with the dogs and make it nice and easy to spend time outside. It is very motivating and uplifting for me to work on. Right now I am clearing up a small stream that was completely overgrown but is really beautiful when it emerges from the overgrowth. Puts a smile on my face :)

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 7:45 pm

Catching Pokemon in Pokemon Quest.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 10:57 am

Coffee and kitties.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 10:10 pm

I'm double posting, but really!! ! This just blew my mind!! ! I knew MCH was chosen by Bowie to sing Blackstar / Lazarus but I had never heard him do Heroes until today. This is really just too much for me! 8) He's my dream-guy and he's just too danged hot and too danged incredible in this clip. I think I'd need a ventilator. I hope that's not sexist.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 11:27 pm

I was creative today. It felt good to be wrapped up in my imagination again.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 11:45 pm

Nobody asked me for cash, drugs, or cigarettes today

Nobody swore at me, yelled at me, or called me vulgar names

Nobody bothered me

Perfect weather

No menstrual cycle

Weight

Bus came quickly

Caltopia