Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 7:09 pm

Dnuos wrote:
Anyways, I've never heard of "Bollywood" (it must be really obscure or out of my league to not have heard of it), and they're missing Electronica music; that kind of music isn't so underground that not a single type of Electronica shouldn't show up. At least Post-Rock, or at the very least, Techno or something like that.

Foreign music also isn't on there (Latin, African, Asian, etc... styles), but that's understandable, though.

Um, Bollywood is "foreign music", which is probably why you haven't heard of it.

Bollywood is Bombay/Mumbai - India's answer to Hollywood. It makes heaps of movies with dancing and singing - Indian style (and I mean Hindu, not Native American).

Aishwariya Rai is one of their top stars - this link will give you a taste: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNeQyBD-Hg

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:51 am

i don't know what it says about me, in that it took me until the 90s just to be able to merely tolerate 80s music. i never have learned to like 90s/00's music at all. but i like just about everything before the 80s.

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2010, 3:11 pm

My most frequent music is "indie" - but WOW...NONE of the "personality" descriptions FIT me for that except "creative". I'm NOT some brooding "angry" person just 'cuz I listen to that. I find that most "indie" is the OPPOSITE of that, friendly and warm-and-fuzzy enough to be featured on "Sesame Street" if it weren't for the content of most of those songs. And despite the "adult" nature of indie bands/music, there seems to be an underlying innocence behind most of that music :)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 3:55 pm

I wonder what it means if you don't listen to much music?

I think these categories are far, far too broad. There's such a huge difference between the works of Albert Ayler, John Coltrane, and Kenny G. Yet they all would fall under the umbrella of jazz. Same for the other genres.

I think music taste could reflect personality, but you'd have to make a much more in depth science of it than this. If this was astrology, you'd need to look at the whole birth chart, not just the sun sign.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 1:26 am

i wonder what it means when one likes listening to the same CD over and over, for weeks.