3 18%  18%  [ 13 ]
4 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
5 or older 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 74

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 2:02 pm

My earliest memory was going to preschool when I was two.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 2:24 pm

There's no way to find out. My memories do not come with an age-tag.

Soubra
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2010, 2:54 pm

IceCreamGirl wrote:
My earliest memory was going to preschool when I was two.
I don't remeber the age, but my first memory was that I used to think that everyone else was fake, or robots or something because everyone seemed so differnt from me, so I figured they had to not be real. Although I don't remember thinking it really, I just remeber I thought that for like 3-4 years after so it's kinda stuck but I don't remeber the origin

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 2:56 pm

i think i can win the award for the creepiest early memory, right now...........my grandmother, who (i now know) had hebephrenic schizophrenia, would watch me when my mother would find herself locked up due to her manic-depressive stages. my father simply hated me and would not have cared if i lived or died.

good ol' grannie would tie me in this tall chair (the chair is still in the place where she lived, the present occupant was nice enough to let me in the place when i was researching a book i was writing) and would spend hour after hour picking imaginary bugs off my body. it hurt, but my pleas for her to stop never worked. i don't think she heard me. she would then brush bleach on my body. i can only think it was to kill bugs she missed or to keep new ones from attaching themselves to me.

this went on till i was old enough to run away from her and my life. maybe 5 or 6.

maybe i can take the second place award with the story of the time she forced me to a holy-roller church where some people put snakes on me.

i could hate her for screwing up my life, but she wasn't the only one. at least she was, to copy another name from wrong planet.......bat s**t crazy. poor woman ended up in a fight with police and was taken to a mental-illness hospital where she was given strong E.C.T. treatments to subdue her. she died there. i felt nothing. was that my A.S. or frazzled brain due to abuse. don't know. when my mother and father died, it was the same. didn't know they had died till i read it in the newspaper.

ok, what's my award? if it's a copy of the movie 'BUG', i'll pass.

really am glad i could put it all behind me. hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha.....oh man i'm just so funny.

Last edited by danandlouie on 09 Sep 2010, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 2:59 pm

I can remember just being tall enough to put my chin on the window sill to watch it snow and also when it rained. 8) I also remember getting hit in the eye by the door knob when I was little it was my first black eye. :lol: I also remember my brother who is two years younger than me first birthday so that made me 3 in that memory. I am suprised at some of the stuff I remember from when I was a tottler I cherish every one of them it reminds me at one time I was happy. I have a really rotten memory I usually forget stuff right away.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 3:01 pm

About 8-10 months.

ale
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2010, 3:10 pm

I've virtually no memories from when I was less than 10 and a half y.o. (specifically, december 2004), it's weird, but it's as if i had a blackout before (kinda retrograde-amnesia-like =D), i have at the most 5 memories of before that age

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 5:34 pm

My earliest memory was age 3. I was riding in the car with my parents in the middle of a snowstorm. I asked where we were going, and my mom said "To the animal shelter. We're going to pick out a kitty." I picked out a black and white cat and I named him Sugar. I remember feeding him lunch meat from the refrigerator. :)

TripBSA
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Sep 2010, 6:15 pm

I remember a house and on a road trip with my dad I described it and he immediately knew it was my great-great grandmother's house based on my description and I kind of forgot about the conversation until we got home and he checked with my grandmother and figured out that my great-great grandmother sold the house and went into an assisted living place when I was 11 months old.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 6:34 pm

anjie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2010, 7:14 pm

Danandlouie said:

"....good ol' grannie would tie me in this tall chair (the chair is still in the place where she lived, the present occupant was nice enough to let me in the place when i was researching a book i was writing) and would spend hour after hour picking imaginary bugs off my body. it hurt, but my pleas for her to stop never worked. i don't think she heard me. she would then brush bleach on my body. i can only think it was to kill bugs she missed or to keep new ones from attaching themselves to me." ...

.....I'm so sorry you endured such a situation :cry:
My heart goes out to you. It is so tough when the ones that are caring for us are so very ill and/or unconscious as to not even realize the pain
they are/have inflicted.
I hope you have since found the love and kindness you deserve .

Hugs,
Anjie

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2010, 7:40 pm

I don't know how old I was... I remember playing Ring Around The Rosie with a few other girls back when I was younger then 4 years old. I also remember being at Legoland and my friend got stung by a bee on the horse ride so we went to the infirmary and she got a Lego dog.

FJP
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2010, 7:48 pm

2 or 3, I was in the hospital with pneumonia.

anjie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2010, 8:29 pm

I remember climbing out of my crib,
My mom was freaked out when she saw me all
the way downstairs. She said she couldn't figure
out how I managed such a feat! Lil Houdini!...
Only to be carried back up to the room and
put back in my cage :(

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 8:34 pm

hey anjie.....thanks for the thoughts. i really appreciate them. i finally found my purpose in helping animals in animal shelters and working with rescue groups. so much love.

my situation was extreme , for sure, but lots of kids have terrible lives. when i see these 10/12 year old gang members doing horrible things, i know why they do it. they have no chance to lead a 'normal' life. they are lost.

anjie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2010, 9:16 pm

So true. You just never know what one has gone through
to make them the way they are when they grow up.
Choosing whether to be victim or survivor...We all have
that choice to make...I'm so glad to hear you have
chosen such a healing path. Our furry friends can be
wonderful medicine for a wounded spirit!

Namaste my friend,
Anjie