How often does teacher/student bullying go on?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 1:30 am

Have you been bullied by a teacher? Does this go on often? I found some interesting stuff on google about it, and if I weren't so lazy I'd post it here.

dryad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2010, 6:13 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Have you been bullied by a teacher? Does this go on often? I found some interesting stuff on google about it, and if I weren't so lazy I'd post it here.

yes and no? it seemed like bullying, but it may have been a misunderstanding on the part of the teacher that some students (like myself) need very clear, concise direction, so when i got reamed for not understanding what she wanted from me, it felt like bullying.

one of my favorite life phrases is, "i'm not a mind reader! SAY what you want!"

oh well.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 1:15 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to say I was bullied, but a certain teacher in my school certainly took a dislike to me because of my Asperger's.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 1:36 pm

Some teachers are just bad. I've had teachers that bullied/harassed me and some who who were good, and some who just didn't care. I think most of the time, they have your best interest in mind, or at the last just don't care.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 5:33 pm

dryad wrote:

It certainly goes well with your avatar.

I felt like blurting that out a few times, but I know it wouldn't end well.

JettRecords
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2010, 11:38 pm

I read this over, and I realized it's pretty dark. When you read it, imagine me cheerfully saying this with a smile on my face... that should help :roll:

I've had quite a few bad teachers. I remember my first day of 6th grade distinctly, because on the first day, in my first class, my teacher started making jokes at my expense. I spent a lot of time sitting in the corner, usually for little reason.

My 5th grade teacher was verbally abusive to just about everyone, but I seemed to draw more attention than most. I still have that image in my head of her beet red face inches from my face. Me terrified.

Those weren't good years..

dryad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2010, 6:49 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
dryad wrote:

It certainly goes well with your avatar.

Heh! I hadn't thought of that. :)

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I felt like blurting that out a few times, but I know it wouldn't end well.

I think the only reason I get away with it now is that I'm an "old fart". It likely wouldn't have worked when I was younger.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

Yes, I have been bullied by a few teachers and I have witnessed it happen with other students too. I think it's more common than people would like to think.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 7:15 am

I wouldn't say I've been bullied by teachers, but there have been more than a few unfortunate situations where things have gotten out of hand.