Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

leftyswin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2010, 8:46 pm

Hey,

I've been depressed for a really long time now. Longer than usual. I'm not even really sad anymore. I just have no emotion and don't really want to do anything. But I also don't want to do nothing either. If that makes scene?

Anyways, I really only enjoy sleeping and laying around. I don't have any desire to do anything. I'm actually conferrable as to where I am in life and overall content, but deep down I know I should try and get out of this. Anybody have any tips?

FJP
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2010, 10:19 pm

I know it sounds like the usuall self help BS, but I found that exersize really works for me. I heard about a study that said it's better than Prozac. Bike riding, walking, sometime I lift weights. Once you start to feel a little better you can build on that. Watch a comedy, hang with friends, cook something.
This is what has worked for me. I hope you feel better soon.

leftyswin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2010, 10:54 pm

I've actually done all of those, except cooking.. Unless frozen pizza is considered cooking?

I'm gone on exercise routines on and off for the past year or so. I guess they kind of help, but I can never be how I used to be. I would love to go bike riding though, but I don't have a bike. Plus, I feel like I'm too old to be riding a bike around. Instead of spacing out and enjoying it like I used to do I'll probably be paranoid that I look stupid and people are watching me.

I used to be able to laugh at any movie I watched. It would come out naturally. Now when I watch movies alone or with friends I have to tell myself to laugh. (if that makes sense)

I hang out with friends too; I have fewer now that I used to though. They've all changed (or maybe I have) and I just don't really enjoy be around them any more. When I was younger I used to rotate from friend to friend. I'd become best friends with someone (idk how I did it..) and then I'd get sick of them and find someone else. That was back when I have initiative to have/find friends. Now I'm so depressed that I prefer to be alone.

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 12:49 am

you sound exactly like me. I have literally done and thought what you posted in this thread. The only thing that I could possibly see myself doing in this life is something with music.

leftyswin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2010, 1:01 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
you sound exactly like me. I have literally done and thought what you posted in this thread. The only thing that I could possibly see myself doing in this life is something with music.

Sweet! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one. What's your story?

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2010, 4:59 pm

I know how it is, mines chronic and ive already tried medication which did help but I think that it's somehow wrong to deny my true feelings so I dont take it anymore. Exercise does give me a boost and sometimes I do go to bed sad, tense and alone.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 11:28 pm

The thing that helps me out, is listening to music. Music gives me this push, to keep going.

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 2:13 am

leftyswin wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:

Sweet! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one. What's your story?

I am just a 28 year old guy who has been a shut in most of my life. I don't think it's because I'm ugly, I think that I am kind of attractive, I just have never gone out and done the social thing because it has always seemed lame to me. I never have been motivated by anyone or encouraged by anyone to accomplish anything eventhough I realize that I should motivate myself at this point. No one ever watered us. No one ever cared if we accomplished anything. I think that is why we are in our situation.