How many people have multiple accounts here

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 12:54 pm

And are there some people being compensated for their posts?

Invader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2010, 1:10 pm

takemitsu wrote:

Do you mean, as in, posters for hire? :lol:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 1:15 pm

I did to get my account back and now that account is banned.

Sorry if I caused any conflicts.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 3:19 pm

I bet lot of people here have had multiple accounts. I'll list a few names I know of excluding the ones who've been banned.

punkykat
Redmage
sinsboldly
richardbenson
superboyian
and of course me.

I created two other accounts to contact the mods when I was banned with this one and those two are banned and I never posted with those. The second one was banned before I even activated the account so I created the third one and it didn't get banned until May. But before this one I had two other accounts but they were deleted so this was my only account until I was banned for "multiple accounts" so I had to create a new one to contact the mods. Now tinky has an email in her sig for members to contact so they won't have to create a new account to contact the mods if the are banned or having login issues.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 3:46 pm

Invader wrote:
takemitsu wrote:

Do you mean, as in, posters for hire? :lol:

I read that as "or why else would they have so many?" :)

The year is still young.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 4:00 pm

Never bothered with that kind of twattery

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 4:57 pm

I have the account that I've started with, and it shows. :lol:

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 5:09 pm

The only other account I have is one that I totally forgot the Login and the Email.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 5:09 pm

No. Only jmnixon95, which is my screen name nearly everywhere.

judyfox
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2010, 7:04 pm

I don't think it is a good idea to disclose such information. If moderates find out they can just banned the account your using now. That is why I am just going to say I plead the 5th and no pleading the 5th don't make me guilty; however in a court of law it may be view as such even though it's in the Constitution. :wink:

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2010, 7:12 pm

I joined WP in November of 2008 with the account glider18, and that's the one and only one I have ever had here. I do not want a second account. And no, no compensation for posts---that wouldn't be right at all.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm

judyfox wrote:
I don't think it is a good idea to disclose such information. If moderates find out they can just banned the account your using now. That is why I am just going to say I plead the 5th and no pleading the 5th don't make me guilty; however in a court of law it may be view as such even though it's in the Constitution. :wink:

True and I agree. But they know about these multiple accounts anyway these members have I mentioned in my OP.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 10:56 pm

This is the only account I have. :)

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 11:11 pm

I was just wondering because it occurred to me that a lot of sites might employ techniques to garner more dialog, eradicate a certain point of view, strategically placed replies to encourage new users. I'm guess a lot of forum sites might do that right after they start up. Another example would be like when a radio host has certain people call in to back up what they are saying or to represent the opposite view point and be torn down and be stereotyped as a typical person of that belief system. Or when a band is playing live, there are people in front of the stage that look goofy and start dancing to get everyone else to.

BTW, I'm trying to think what the name of these techniques are called, anyone know?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 12:34 am

I have two other accounts - Archmage and Auron_of_Kusari - that I started about five years back, but I only use my Roxas_XIII account now. The only reason that I created the extra accounts in the first place was because twice I came back to WP after changing email addresses and could not remember my password to log on to these accounts, so I simply started over, abandoning my Archmage account for Auron_of_Kusari, and then again for Roxas_XIII.

I know it's against the rules to have multiple accounts and all, but neither of my first two accounts were banned and it's not like I use them anymore. I haven't used anything other than my Roxas_XIII account since it was created, and I do a better job at keeping up with passwords now, so it's unlikely I'll switch again. At any rate, the other two accounts combined don't have the post count that this one has, so there's really no point in switching back.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 3:31 am

takemitsu wrote:
I was just wondering because it occurred to me that a lot of sites might employ techniques to garner more dialog, eradicate a certain point of view, strategically placed replies to encourage new users. I'm guess a lot of forum sites might do that right after they start up. Another example would be like when a radio host has certain people call in to back up what they are saying or to represent the opposite view point and be torn down and be stereotyped as a typical person of that belief system. Or when a band is playing live, there are people in front of the stage that look goofy and start dancing to get everyone else to.

BTW, I'm trying to think what the name of these techniques are called, anyone know?

"Lying."

The year is still young.