Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 8:59 am

thanks for sharing that. i live in ky surrounded by horse farms. horses are generally called a 'crop' here. after racing/breeding days are over, they are cast aside, to fend for themselves or to go to slaughter. only a few per cent are used for breeding, until they die.

there are many land owners who have set aside some acreage to save some of these horses. it is really nice to see so many throw-aways brought back to health and know they will probably be safe and content for the rest of their natural lives.

humans are just as cruel to horses as any other animals. it's beyond my understanding how humans look down on other lifeforms.

there are horse rescue groups in just about every state. many in nevada and wyoming are trying to save the magnificent wild horses being rounded up and sold off for 100 dollars or so (many go to slaughter houses) by the fed. govt.

it is one of my greatest experiences, watching wild horses run in the wilderness of nevada. never forget it.

yarg
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Oct 2010, 7:01 am

Am I the only one whose mind went straight to the massage parlor on reading that title?

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 11:58 am

yarg wrote:
Am I the only one whose mind went straight to the massage parlor on reading that title?

Nope.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 1:22 pm

ikorack wrote:
yarg wrote:

Nope.

:lol: Another nope

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 5:41 am

danandlouie wrote:
it is one of my greatest experiences, watching wild horses run in the wilderness of nevada. never forget it.

Me too. I've also seen them in Utah.