Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 7:12 pm

turn to ABC; there's this new series on called My Generation.

It's about this class who graduated in 2000, and they're being caught up with 10 years later to see how much their lives have changed.

I thus far have zero sympathy for any of them; they all seem like insufferable @$$holes; lmk what you think.

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Sep 2010, 7:30 pm

I saw a promo for that show on YouTube but decided to watch Bones instead.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 7:50 pm

no cable tv, I prefer streaming my old episodes of Buffy and Angel over netflix to the drivel that constitutes TV nowadays.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 8:22 pm

I watched just that one episode; no desire to watch anything further.

it's funny though, every time someone tells me most people are decent and worth my time, I get more proof in my favor of the contrary.

It's like they're trying to build up total BS because they're so desperate to continue the social chain.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 8:45 pm

The show is 100% scripted. The writers have already confirmed it.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 8:50 pm

Xenu wrote:
The show is 100% scripted. The writers have already confirmed it.

And they still couldn't make them likable; incredible....

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 9:48 pm

TheDoctor82 wrote:

It's about this class who graduated in 2000, and they're being caught up with 10 years later to see how much their lives have changed.

I thus far have zero sympathy for any of them; they all seem like insufferable @$$holes; lmk what you think.

I didn't see it but it looked like some version of 90210 or some other such show.
I thought people in their late 20's were supposed to be past the drama stage of their life.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 9:58 pm

Chronos wrote:
TheDoctor82 wrote:

I didn't see it but it looked like some version of 90210 or some other such show.
I thought people in their late 20's were supposed to be past the drama stage of their life.

that good sir is a common myth; one that a former teacher of mine even admitted. It's one of the many deceptions of society.

If we were supposed to be past drama at that point, there would be no such subject as Politics :lol:

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 10:17 pm

TheDoctor82 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
TheDoctor82 wrote:

that good sir is a common myth; one that a former teacher of mine even admitted. It's one of the many deceptions of society.

If we were supposed to be past drama at that point, there would be no such subject as Politics :lol:

basically. and Quoted for Truth.

As I like to say, life is a soap opera where most people arent good looking and s**t. Thats just basically it.

or you can put it this way

All there is to Life is eating sleeping, trips to the loo, taxes, pointless drama, and death.... oh and then you are either cremated, buried, put on a funeral pyre, ETC. Regardless YOU WILL DIE!... unless you immortalize yourself somehow.... either by actually living forever, having your memory liveon, uploading you consciousness into an uncorruptable and indestructable data storage device, ETC.

There is just a bit more of my fatalistic/existential witticisms for yas.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 10:21 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
TheDoctor82 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
TheDoctor82 wrote:

basically. and Quoted for Truth.

As I like to say, life is a soap opera where most people arent good looking and sh**. Thats just basically it.

or you can put it this way

All there is to Life is eating sleeping, trips to the loo, taxes, pointless drama, and death.... oh and then you are either cremated, buried, put on a funeral pyre, ETC. Regardless YOU WILL DIE!... unless you immortalize yourself somehow.... either by actually living forever, having your memory liveon, uploading you consciousness into an uncorruptable and indestructable data storage device, ETC.

There is just a bit more of my fatalistic/existential witticisms for yas.

I love your quote; it's brilliant.