Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2006, 5:55 pm

A few days ago I woke up and everything felt different. I'm hoping this is only a silly phase for the week or something but this feeling nothing literally happened overnight. I usually laugh a lot and feel a bit of enthusiasm. But for the past few days I have felt nothing. Things that usually make me laugh don't at the moment. I just feel absolutely nothing whereas asking myself 'what is the point?' Anyone else gone through anything like this?

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2006, 7:03 pm

This sort of thing happens to me sometimes, and in my case it seems to usually be related to the weather.
Have you been getting enough sunlight ?
I take St Johns wort when I feel this way.

Hope you feel better.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2006, 9:33 pm

I feel that way, from time to time. I usually feel that way, when I get PMS. I feel numb on the inside. I need Coffee to get me going, when that happens. Today was the first day that I didn't feel nothing, for the first time in days. It's been an Emotional Roller Coaster Ride. There are times when I feel that I can't do anything right, and I end up feeling numb, or very emotional.

Elanivalae
Raven
Raven

22 May 2006, 10:44 pm

If that keeps up, you might want to consider seeing a doctor about depression.

If not, maybe it's hormonal? I know my overall mood is very tied-into my hormonal cycle, and the changes can be like the flipping of a switch, sometimes.

emp
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2006, 4:12 am

Go away for the weekend. Enjoy yourself somewhere special.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2006, 9:21 am

I would have to say I've been feeling that way for months now. If it happens longer than that day then there must be something down deep inside you that's going wrong.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2006, 2:28 pm

Thanks for your responses guys and gals, I think I'm beginning to feel a little better and so it may have only been phase I hope. I was worried at fisrt as I have suffered from depression in the past and I was hoping I wasn't getting this again.

I read your responses and there were a couple of similarities I noticed. For example, CockneyRebel, my PMT was dreadful as was the actual cycle (its ok peeps, I won't go into detail). And, spacemonkey, the weather has been awful and the last time I was able to get out in the sun was over two months ago because of my weird work hours (I work shift patterns, this leaves you feeling quite tired at the end of the week/month plus I sometimes have to do weekends on top of that). It's great getting responses and a point of view that isn't your own sometimes as it can bring things together and you get a better outlook so thanks again guys.

I'm slowly coming out of it as I laughed for the first time in over a week today and it was a genuine laugh too. I guess all is looking good.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2006, 12:26 am

Quote:
I'm slowly coming out of it as I laughed for the first time in over a week today and it was a genuine laugh too. I guess all is looking good.

Thats nice to hear I can get like that at times too it feels so good when it goes away

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2006, 9:41 am

Fiz wrote:
Thanks for your responses guys and gals, I think I'm beginning to feel a little better and so it may have only been phase I hope. I was worried at fisrt as I have suffered from depression in the past and I was hoping I wasn't getting this again.

I read your responses and there were a couple of similarities I noticed. For example, CockneyRebel, my PMT was dreadful as was the actual cycle (its ok peeps, I won't go into detail). And, spacemonkey, the weather has been awful and the last time I was able to get out in the sun was over two months ago because of my weird work hours (I work shift patterns, this leaves you feeling quite tired at the end of the week/month plus I sometimes have to do weekends on top of that). It's great getting responses and a point of view that isn't your own sometimes as it can bring things together and you get a better outlook so thanks again guys.

-
Well I'm glad that you're getting out but I'm sorry that you don't have a really good work life and times are screwed. I feeling like you need appologie from me. Even though I made you start hating me and end up making hale_bopp hate me. I also glad that you laughed again and that wasn't faked. I know I've been horriable to hale_bobb. I would like to say that I'm sorry the way that I might of done anything wrong to you or hale or say anything wrong. So I am really sorry. Can you forgive me?

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2006, 4:40 pm

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy my job, its ok, but Im still getting used to full time work so its leaving me feeling a bit drained at the moment but Im sure I will get used to it. Thats all I need to do.

As for the hormone thing, I can't really do much about that. I'm on the pill and even then my hormone levels are erratic because I produce too many of them naturally. Off the pill, I'm very erratic!! Combine that with Asperger's Syndrome and you have one hell of a personality :wink:

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2006, 8:14 pm

Of course Fiz have a life live it well. You don't have to ask me about it. I'm actually hurt by you not saying a word to me. Look this question wasn't towards me anyway so enjoy your self I hope things work out well. Have fun, do everything you can to possibly ignore me. I don't deserve this but who cares. Enjoy your self.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2006, 10:09 pm

I had that for a long time.

I went from very sad, to very angry... to nothing at all.

The anger left me in about 2000 or 2001, and only recently have I made much of a recovery.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2006, 7:44 pm

TigerFire wrote:
Of course Fiz have a life live it well. You don't have to ask me about it. I'm actually hurt by you not saying a word to me. Look this question wasn't towards me anyway so enjoy your self I hope things work out well. Have fun, do everything you can to possibly ignore me. I don't deserve this but who cares. Enjoy your self.

I don't know what on earth you are on about as I didnt ask you in the first place. Nor can I help the fact that Ive barely had any internet for the past two months due to my moving around. I honestly have no clue what you are talking about at all. Publicly accusing me of stuff like this really doesnt help matters nor does it make me feel very comfortable given as I know I havent actually done anything to intentionally hurt anyone here as Im not that type of person.

emp
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2006, 3:56 pm

TigerFire wrote:

That was a dishonorable attempt to manipulate Fiz into feeling guilty.

Scaramouche
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2006, 11:10 pm

I often notice a difference between how I feel about things and how others do. I notice my lack of feeling about things other people care about. And the lack of things in my life that I would care about if they were there.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 10:07 am

Fiz wrote:
TigerFire wrote:

I don't know what on earth you are on about as I didnt ask you in the first place. Nor can I help the fact that Ive barely had any internet for the past two months due to my moving around. I honestly have no clue what you are talking about at all. Publicly accusing me of stuff like this really doesnt help matters nor does it make me feel very comfortable given as I know I havent actually done anything to intentionally hurt anyone here as Im not that type of person.

Well sorry. You have been on for awhile. Since then I've been I don't know trying to get on your good side again. I guess I'm not going to try.