What's the big deal with that ''miracle of life'' thing?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

sErgEantaEgis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2010, 7:46 pm

Yeah I don't get those people who are like ''pregancy is the miracle of life'' or ''kids are a gift from God''.Pregnancy,childbirth and kids aren't part of any miracle. Reproduction is a scientifically explainable fact and EVERY living being can reproduce, or else its species will die. Reproductive organs are like, after lungs, heart, brain and stomach the most important organs. And everybody (well next to everybody) can reproduce and have kids, so its not that much of a miracle, yeah I can uderstand how exciting it is when a wife, a sister, a mom, a daughter is going to have a baby, and I can only agree that it is even more wonderful for the women who carry the baby, but that really is it... A miracle is something rare, unexplainable by science, wonderful and limited to a few people, reproducation is just wonderful (and it really is :D ), but apart from that, seriously, its not a ''gift from God''...

Me think its just some kind of NT thing... :)

RomanceAnonimo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Sep 2010, 9:31 pm

I think the idea is that not each instance of birth is a miracle, but that "life" itself is a miracle, as in a divine power "created" life.

The term miracle is just an irrational term used by people to explain what they do not understand. There are zero miracles in reality. Everything happens as a component of natural phenomena, ultimately explained by physics. Even if something cannot be explained in the context of human understanding, even the most profound levels of human understanding, there is no miracle. Phenomena will occur independent of human observation or understanding. In all reality, "miracle" is a misnomer synonymous with "unlikely to occur". It was a miracle we survived that car accident. Its a miracle I didn't crap my pants when I farted because I've had the runs all day.

To some, the "sun rising" is a miracle. Finding a job is a miracle. Finally getting laid is a miracle... etc.