Is Wrong Planet kind of like the blind leading the blind?

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 11:23 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
problem is hyper, you're not the regular type of woman. And i say that in a good way. But that kinda leaves the advice of what works on you to be debatable on working with the general

hahahaha erm that is almost complimentary. but i am not soooo different from other women.

my advice has gotten some people laid at some points. and also hitched. so don't knock it just cuz i'm ummm not regular!! !

Hi, Hperlexian. In what way you are not regular? :-)

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 11:27 pm

Here's the thing about advice... it's purely situational and each person being given it has to weigh all the options before deciding for themselves if there's merit in it or not.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 11:47 pm

daspie wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
problem is hyper, you're not the regular type of woman. And i say that in a good way. But that kinda leaves the advice of what works on you to be debatable on working with the general

hahahaha erm that is almost complimentary. but i am not soooo different from other women.

my advice has gotten some people laid at some points. and also hitched. so don't knock it just cuz i'm ummm not regular!! !

Haha, are you eating you yogurt Hyperlexian? :lol:

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 2:56 am

well, uhm, to go back on topic...erp....

For three years of therapy I was misdiagnosed, or more accurately incompletely diagnosed, with major depressive disorder. In fact it was the therapist who was 'blind' if a bit inexperienced. It wasn't until a friend who knew an Aspie pointed out things to me that I suspected that I might have this. Lo and behold, within a year it was clear I had Asperger's and was diagnosed as such.

As much as NTs, even well meaning professionals, think they understand, I don't think they could fully comprehend our situation. For those years prior to me even knowing what Asperger's was, I would describe my inability to decipher cues from others in social situations, how I felt this impenetrable wall in my psyche many times when dealing with people. So I'd always be baffled and frustrated that my therapist didn't understand what was happening with me.

Once I knew and understood Asperger's, it was like the sighted leading the sighted, contrary to your premise. So many things became clear, and my depression lessened a great deal.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 3:03 am

the blind can better lead the blind in a braille world.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 7:06 am

daspie wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:

lol well...

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 7:41 am

mmm...what is normal?...well...
my definition of normal is this...normal is just a setting on a washing machine!

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 10:43 pm

More like the irritating leading the pitiful, well according to one lady it is according to that member she claimed the men at the Meet Ups ether irritated her or aroused her self pity perhaps it was an anomaly ?

I did ask that member if it she thought it was a one way street I did not get a response . :P

orchidee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2011, 12:55 am

It's not quite like the blind leading the blind for me. I'm NT and it's fascinating to read about Asperger's! I want to learn as much about it as I can, so I'm really glad I started going here.

kindageeky
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jul 2011, 7:40 am

Was wondering if it is okay if I hung around actually also. I'm an NT female. I came to site because I had a relationship question regarding an AS male. I cannot presume to be of any help but I wouldn't mind chiming in from time to time if it's okay.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 7:44 am

kindageeky wrote:
Was wondering if it is okay if I hung around actually also. I'm an NT female. I came to site because I had a relationship question regarding an AS male. I cannot presume to be of any help but I wouldn't mind chiming in from time to time if it's okay.

I don't mind, I welcome you! I found your whole... plight and your sensitivity (in your thread) to be very endearing and encouraging.

K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2011, 7:45 am

kindageeky wrote:

You're very intelligent and selfless. I can't imagine anyone here minding you chiming in with anything you would have to say, so welcome.

kindageeky
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jul 2011, 7:55 am

Thank you for the warm welcome :D Just let me know if I outstay the welcome :wink: I have found it comforting in here. And have found solace in greater understanding. Someone said on another thread that AS is like a different language and people with AS must learn the language of NT. I feel if there is any hope of a relationship, it is up to the NT to also learn the language of AS and they must meet somewhere in the middle. Maybe a more one-sided middle but some level of compromise must be reached and a better level of understanding.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 8:00 am

I want to give hugs but the emoticons are kindy geeky

(hugs)