Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 4:20 pm

I usually don't get to sleep all night without waking up but I did which was good. I got up early and took my puppy out to go to the bathroom so he wouldn't go in his crate. He went and didn't drink afterwards so I thought good, I can let him rest in his crate for an hour to an hour and a half because he wasn't supposed to be out that early. So I put him back in and got ready for the day, all was going well. Then I was eating my breakfast I heard him peeing in his crate and was like “Damn.” I had to calm him down which wasn't easy but I did it and then I cleaned his crate. Wasn't so bad. Then when I went to get him and saw that he took two huge poops on the floor and smeared one of them all over the entire floor. His poo smells bad, a lot worse than a humans but it doesn't really bother me. This time was different though, I walked into the room and nearly passed out. When my mom came in the house she almost puked. It took me so long to clean up the room.

alex
Developer
Developer

30 Sep 2010, 4:31 pm

Im sorry to hear about what happened. How old is your dog? Does he do this a lot? Can't you take him on walks outside?

Ailynn213
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Sep 2010, 4:34 pm

This happened several times when I got my puppy. While I was cleaning one mess he was making another one. An yes puppy poo smells really bad!! ! Puppies just seem to find any way they can to make a mess. This stage will be over in a few months and the puppy will be much better behaved. Just remember that the puppy is not being bad on purpose. He just doesn't know any better and he needs to learn through positive reinforcement rather than punishment.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 4:36 pm

He's only 10 1/2 weeks old, he goes to the back door when he has to go but he doesn't have very good bladder control since he's just a puppy. He's already done this once or twice before. Unfortunately I can't walked him yet because he's not vaccinated and could get a disease. I'm actually taking him to the vet tomorrow for his shots, going to ask if it'll be safe to take him on walks although he doesn't follow me when on a leash yet.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 5:22 pm

Pets come with tests of patience. Once or twice I woke up, got out of bed and immediately stepped in a fresh wet hairball. :eew:

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 5:50 pm

Yeah it does take time to house train most puppies- just be patient. What breed(s) is he?

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 9:54 am

Ailynn213 wrote:
This happened several times when I got my puppy. While I was cleaning one mess he was making another one. An yes puppy poo smells really bad!! ! Puppies just seem to find any way they can to make a mess. This stage will be over in a few months and the puppy will be much better behaved. Just remember that the puppy is not being bad on purpose. He just doesn't know any better and he needs to learn through positive reinforcement rather than punishment.

Yep, you're totally right.
pumibel wrote:
Yeah it does take time to house train most puppies- just be patient. What breed(s) is he?

He's a purebred German Shepherd.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 2:44 pm

AWWW german shepherds are so cute as puppies. Are both of his ears still down or are they up yet? Do you have pics of your puppy?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 10:35 pm

This is a picture of him about a week ago that I already posted. His ears are up more now. They're not completely up but almost.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 6:04 am

:heart: What a cutie poopy puppy.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:55 pm

Aimless wrote:
:heart: What a cutie poopy puppy.

Haha yep.