Questions, Shutdown, Reading Facial Expressions

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 6:51 pm

First about Shutdowns:

A few times when I was under extreme stress, suddenly I loose the ability to really think, I say that my brain has gone "bye bye". Like one time, I was working as an environmental educator, and there were a bunch of kids around. Nothing was going right. Eventually, I tried to do something, but I couldn't even figure out the steps I had to take in order to do it. I couldn't even manage to talk. I had to be excused, I was not allowed to teach after that ever again.

Another time, I was stressed working at a fast food restaurant. This time, not only could I not work or anything, I started to misunderstand or not understand human speech.

Another time when stressed, it got so bad I almost got lost in an area I was very familiar with and I could barely audibly comprehend anything at all and could not think.

Second, reading facial expressions, this is a criteria I might not fit. And I get them right too, how common is it for someone on the spectrum to have no problems in this area? I do have several other problems that are spectrumy, but this and the eye contact sort of bother me.

Mind you I am not diagnosed and stuff.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020