can't find much anime to watch got any recommendations?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

dwoolridge
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2010, 11:24 pm

I need to know what good animes to watch thanks

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 12:19 am

:) I have plenty of recomendations, though maybe tell us what you like and what you have seen.
Well your profile says you like music, so I might recomend K-ON!, it is about a group of girls in highschool who join the light music club, we see them practice and make music, well most of the time sit around and drink tea, but for some reason jt us really enjoyable. The characters might have something to do with it, it is a slice of life comedy that is pretty popular and it's second and final season just ended and there is news that there will be a movie in the future. I also have about 20 of their songs which are quite nice.

Want something a bit more serious and some eye candy for the ladies, I might recomend Pandora Hearts, a mystery anime with action and some also nice humour. Kind of interesting in having twisted influences of Alice in Wonderland with a gothic feel, though the first episode does not quite represent the series as it might first just look like zanny hapenings of a few kids, but it soon develops into an interesting mystery with a likeable cast and sometimes light hearted.

Want to see dark comedy at it's greatest, I recomend Angel Beats, what kind of violent slapstick can they have for a cast that can not die, well expect to see some in this series where the cast appear to be stuck in some sort of afterlife which looks like a school, though this little like a normal school, there are gun fights and other strange things. This comes form the masterpiece minds at Key so expect there to also be tears with finding things about the cast in, if there is one bad thing about this series, it is that it has such a large cast that they can not have each one have their due time. But this is a must watch.

Want to just watch cute things and have fun, I recomend Hanamaru Kindergarten, it is like some other moe shows but has little in the way of creep factor, the children might look like Potemayo but it is done to remove any possible sexualisation that is sometimes done in anime. It is about a new male Kindergarten teacher, who accidently is mistaken by a student for "hitting on me", it is cleared up, but the girl gets an innocent crush on him, hillarity often insues. I guess that this series often feels very innocent of the life of a child and a new teacher trying hard, but there is some older humour scattered around which can be quite funny.

And a pure and parody comedy I might recomend Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku), this series is up there in highest breaking the fourth wall moments, crazy story, and makeing fun of anime, pop culture and itself. About a nice boy with very poor luck, but he tries hard, he goes from wanted by the mob to becoming a Butler to a girl who thinks that he has a crush on her, but being a butler is not easy, expect car chases, the mob, giant robots, ghosts, deadly animals, card games and even cross dressing. Also expect him to puch santa in the first episode.