life single because none aspie girls dont understand it

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

skiskunk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2010, 8:42 am

I've just come put of a long and stressful relationship which involved a lazy, disrespectful, disorganized person.
we split up amicable after discussing our past and present state of mind.

I've only just found out she has been depressed for basically her whole life and has not confined in me or done anything about it. she still berries her head in the sand as she not will to do so. she will all ways put herself first and not others. i was willing to support her.
yet she was unhappy as she can not come to terms with my condition and would not understand, compromise or support me.

so what I'm asking is what i said at the end of the discussion with her.

so if i cant find any girl that understands my condition does that mean i have to live the rest of my life single,.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 9:30 am

I used to think I needed someone to understand me completely for a relationship to work, but then I learnt something. No two people understand each other perfectly. This belief has been solidified in me after my relationships with my Aspie ex never worked properly at all.

Personality > neurology, always.

Polgara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2010, 11:34 am

Quote:
No two people understand each other perfectly.

That is the absolute truth.

If you can learn to accept another person's weirdnesses, and find someone who can accept your weirdnesses, you're going in the right direction. Obviously there are some quirks too hard to deal with, but if it's something that's not actually harmful or evil, you will find somebody out there who will not have a problem with it. And vice versa.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 12:42 pm

skiskunk wrote:
so if i cant find any girl that understands my condition does that mean i have to live the rest of my life single,.

Welcome to my world. There is plenty of space here and most people wont bother you.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 1:29 pm

Whats your condition? Depression?

Edit: Nevermind, aspergers.

You know that aspies can be just as unsupportive of aspies? You just need to find someone or any nurological condition who isn't.

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 4:55 pm

most women Ive met are depressed in some way or another.

as far as most men Ive met, most of them are stupid in one way or another. so whatever

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 4:57 pm

People who suffer from depression can be quite self absorbed individuals sometimes. Part of the reason why its a bit of a problem for getting on in life depression

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 5:51 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
I used to think I needed someone to understand me completely for a relationship to work, but then I learnt something. No two people understand each other perfectly. This belief has been solidified in me after my relationships with my Aspie ex never worked properly at all.

Personality > neurology, always.

QFT.