Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 5:52 pm

You know really makes me sick about the world in general how they judge you before they get to know you and it's one of those things that really gets on my pet peeves, I'M SICK OF IT, I'M REALLY SICK OF IT!! ! :x

Why can't people get to know me instead of making me a laughing stock, I may aswell just not even fit into the planet and move to mars for all I care, I know I probably fit in well there. Nobody in my area doesn't seem to like me much anyways and I'm always a risk when I walk out the house, I can't take this anymore.

Then you try to be yourself but you feel you just can't because people will always say things but it doesn't bother me normally but only this time it did because it was a friend of a friend I know who said that about me and I'm truly disgusted what was said about me and was told that "you truly can't go out with him, he's gay" I'm sick, I'm sick, I'm really f*****g sick of it.

I'm sick of trying to fit in and I'm sick of trying to get on with life, I'm trying my hardest to not put myself down but I'm now at the part where I just can't do it anymore.

It probably upset her more than it upset me but who knows?

Well anyways, I give up, I really have given up.

I'm not scared, I'm FUMING! and I feel this is the way I let my frustrations out.

ONE DAY, I WILL PROVE PEOPLE WRONG, JUST WAIT! :x :x :x

Sorry for my frustrations but this is how people make me feel sometimes.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:34 pm

Last edited by Willard on 04 Oct 2010, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:52 pm

Puny humans sounds like the right word I suppose. :lol:

It's just people in my area, some of them just know how to really get on my nerves its like you just can't be accepted anywhere with me, that's what bugs me the most.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 9:27 pm

If people took the time to know eachother, intead of placing judgement on one another, the world would be a much better place to live.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 9:35 pm

I believe people get their first impression of you the first few minutes upon meeting them. I think that´s just how their brain works -- they judge. I could be completely wrong though.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 10:48 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
If people took the time to know eachother, intead of placing judgement on one another, the world would be a much better place to live.

And possibly more boring. We wouldnt have awsome things like jets and guns and tanks and crap. Heck quite possibly the first caveman to live outside the cave just got tired of being goofed at.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

04 Oct 2010, 1:38 am

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time, it is not fair that people can be such lowlives as to kick someone while they are down. It is hard to escape the rumor mill once it starts grinding at your social life. Sometimes moving helps. You could just tell these folks that you are different because of ASD not sexual orientation. JUst because someone is different does not mean that they are gay. I have some gay friends that ppl would never know in a million years that they are gay by the the way they act, look or dress. They look straight as a popsicle stick, but are in a long term gay relationship.

I think an informal awareness campain in your area would be great idea. Ppl probably think, he acts different, which in their mind means that you are gay...however if you simply inform them on that you have ASD and not are gay that might with the judging.

As for my rant, I will post that in a minute...I have somethings to tend to

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

04 Oct 2010, 1:39 am

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time, it is not fair that people can be such lowlives as to kick someone while they are down. It is hard to escape the rumor mill once it starts grinding at your social life. Sometimes moving helps. You could just tell these folks that you are different because of ASD not sexual orientation. JUst because someone is different does not mean that they are gay. I have some gay friends that ppl would never know in a million years that they are gay by the the way they act, look or dress. They look straight as a popsicle stick, but are in a long term gay relationship.

I think an informal awareness campain in your area would be great idea. Ppl probably think, he acts different, which in their mind means that you are gay...however if you simply inform them on that you have ASD and not are gay that might with the judging.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 2:04 am

I felt lonely for a while, but then I met my friend, and he introduced me to his friends, and I am not so lonely as I was a year ago....and I am also learning Spanish too since all of these friends speak Spanish. I guess as immigrants and me being on the spectrum, we can relate on the basis of being cast aside and denied jobs sometimes since we are different from the sheeple. They know I have quirks yet they don't judge me.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 2:18 am

jojobean wrote:

Thank you, it does unfortunately affect my social life and I'm not gay, I clearly show that I'm not gay, I have normal attractions like any of straight people do, I'm just sick and tired of trying to tell people I'm not and I just want to give a positive first impression, not a negative. :(

jojobean wrote:

I like the idea of raising awareness but unfortunately I start feeling more uncomfortable because I'm pretty much making an awareness to something that I'm not. But still, it's a good idea as it's needed.

I don't personally see how ASD would make you look gay or act it, I can list some of my friends with ASD and they look perfectly straight.

ThomasL
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Oct 2010, 3:38 am

Well, it's a good thing you're venting here. Don't give up. Try to find a way to avoid those sh***y people if you can. Maybe get into a more intelligent, educated crowd, because these people are obviously not it. If you're the guy in the picture, you look like you're roughly college age... I think any university would be a good environment where this kind of non-sense would be unlikely to occur.

Bullies like to call people gay - anyone they perceive as weaker than them is "gay". I don't know what it is. You could try "Hey, I've got a girl - where's yours?"

But it reminds me of a hilarious Seinfeld episode: "The Jacket". Jerry buys a cool new leather jacket even though it has a bizarre pink lining. He intends to have it changed later. But before he could change it, he goes to dinner with George and Elaine, and Elaine's crusty, cranky, miserable old father.

Later Jerry asks Elaine what her father thought of him, and she's like "Oh, he thinks you're gay". Jerry's like "WHAT??? OH, because of the pink lining?" And Elaine thought about it for a moment, and said "No, he pretty much thinks everyone's gay".
(You have to see it - that wasn't even the funny part - it was a hilarious episode - one of the best. I won't give away the best parts. It might cheer you up :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jacket_%28Seinfeld%29

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:50 am

people are just dressed up apes.

when i walk through the zoo of my life i see the grimacing faces of gorillas who ache to escape from behind their bars to approach me and assert their dominance over me.

but i walk on by and eat my fairy floss (cotton candy) and when i leave, i am fat and happy and they are still gaunt and forlorn and they remain behind their bars.

"see ya later" i think as i go home and leave the memory of them behind to rot in my forgetfulness.

the person in this world who i have met and i trust is me, and i always accompany myself wherever i go because i am concerned about my welfare and i am enthralled at all the things i learn by being with me.

i feel loved because i never leave my side.

i can not love others easily, and i do love one other person, but i do not know why.

if me and her were the only people in the universe, then i would not feel alone.

i also love animals, and they are seen by humans as subordinate to humans.

humans are just dressed up monkeys who are suffering from the delusion that they matter more than those who they are smarter than.

in the fullness of time, there will be no life, and so all life is sweet while it lives.
those that think they are better and more entitled are those that will matter not when time for them is over and they are returned to the elements.

a little silly bird is as beautiful to me as the greatest human thinker of all time.

i am not making sense and i will go and let gravity have me when i am over my bed.

sorry for this "out there" post.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 9:31 am

I hear you, superboyian. People can be so closed minded and cruel...and I also hate how they can make snap judgements about a person without even bothering to try and figure them out. It's good that you are trying not to take things personally, but sometimes it gets to the point where you just want to give up. Don't though: everyone has people out there for them: you just have to find them. You may have to give yourself time, but these open minded people will come to you. :)

It's totally okay to vent, though. As someone who has put up with countless people making assumptions about me, I know how painful that feels. Even today when a lot of my AS symptoms have faded people think that there's something "off" about me and will fill in the blanks themselves instead of asking me questions. So I definitely identify what you're going through. :)

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.